Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Injectors and sizing

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Voltwings 
#1 ·
I currently have 47# injectors on my VMP stage 2 Gen II. I also have a Roush BAP.

I am currently running 600+ RWHP and am about to go for 700+ RWHP with the help of a 79mm pulley and methanol injection kit from Snow Performance.

I need to double check with my tuner for his suggestion, but what injectors sizes is everyone running for 600 to 700+ RWHP?

ID1000's are well known, but they tend to be pricey and I do not believe I need that size. They may be best of the best, but being practical with my goals and price point I was going to go for Ford Racing since they are less expensive. Even the 80#'ers are less than $600.

#2 ·
The difference in price usually comes down to idle and low speed tunability. A very large injector is hard to tune at low fuel volumes such as idle and Daily driving, which is where the price difference of ID injectors comes into play.

ID goes through the trouble of matching their injectors almost exactly, because even 2% off at 1000 cc/min will make the vehicle difficult to tune. Talk with your tuner, a lot of times they have a specific set of injectors they will tune, and nothing else.

#3 ·
You can always get the On3 60s... I think they are the Seimens ones. You do get what you pay for.

There is also nothing practical or economical about a reliable 700hp. You want to have a condition when you run lean and blow the **** up by cheaping out on injectors then go for it. I'm also not a huge fan of the Meth kits myself...

#4 ·
As an octane safety blanket, or additional cooling they are great, aside from the engine cleaning benefits. As far as tuning to the point where the motor needs the methanol, yeah, typically not a great idea. You can spend thousands of dollars on fail safes, and warnings, and this that and the other, but its still not the same.

#7 ·
I just bought ID1050x for my 12 Roush mustang. The VMP guys are trying to tune for them but we are struggling with it especially at idle and low speed driving. The STFT are showing 15% corrections at idle
The values on the ID website are useless for Ford vehicles.
I am also running JLT 123mm CAI
Does anybody have what values to enter so as to stabilize the STFT at idle and low speed driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#8 ·
I won't know anything until this coming Thursday when I go in to have my car tuned: injectors, pulley swap, methanol injection.

This is the second time I heard Justin having problems tuning with injectors. The first time was with the 47# injectors they used to sell with the Gen II Stage 2 kit.

I would certainly hope that Justin is taking initiative to call Injector Dynamics himself.

It would also be nice if someone else is using the ID1050x to confirm or deny the data from ID.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.