Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suspension Mod

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Wheels2011 
#1 ·
I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2011 Mustang GT and was wondering if anyone else has used the following parts as a setup

1) 2005-14 Ford Mustang Ford Performance Lowering Spring & Strut Mount Kit GT - S197 from LMR (these are M-5300-KA springs)
2) Koni Orange Struts & Shocks
2a) On the description for the springs it says you need to order the 2005-2010 Struts & Springs when used with the Ford Performance springs and GT 500 mounts, and a call to LMR confirmed this, but if you ask AM about the same parts they say only Ford Performance Struts/Shocks can be used.

So my question is has anyone tried this setup and how has it gone?

I am adding LCA's, UCA, Panhard Bar & Brace, End Lings, Bumpsteer & Sway Bars as well, so have that covered.

Thanks

#2 ·
I have the 2005-10 koni orange struts with GT500 mounts, and it works great. Just make sure you have the arrows on the strut mounts pointing opposite of how they install in the GT500, and your alignment should be fine. I also have steeda springs which are only a 1.5" drop, and a steeda upper with BMR lowers, and an adjustable phb.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info and tip on install!

#5 ·
Thanks Grabber!

#6 · (Edited)
My advice is to skip everything highlighted.

You dont need the UCA unless you have a 1 piece driveshaft.
You dont need the panhard bar brace.
I would skip the sway bars and end links, unless you're sure you know how to adjust them properly - and i'm not sure what type of driving you'll be doing, but im not sure these will be worth the money you're spending.
Definitely do not get the bump steer kit unless you know how to install it properly, or it will make things worse.

Just stick with the lower control arms, and add lower control arm relocation brackets at this time. If you're still not happy with the ride, then you can see about adding other parts. Even then, i would only get a front sway bar, but that's probably a discussion for another thread.

#7 ·
Thanks for the advice Voltwings! I will look do changes in stages, and as you suggest ho off on a few items as well!

#13 ·
Mods Done

Thanks all for the advice & tips, completed the mods last week.

Front & Rear Ford Racing Sway Bar, End Links, Koni Orange Struts and Shocks, Ford Racing K Springs, BMR LCA & LCA Bracket, BMR Panhard Brace & Bracket.

Posting photos hopefully they upload correctly.

Attachments

#14 ·
Forgot to add the GT500 Strut Mounts as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.