Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ford Dealership = Bermuda Triangle

4K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  Blue Steel 
#1 ·
I took my 2012 GT in to my local Ford Dealership to have them do 3 simple things:
1) the airbag recall (which most people say takes 15 minutes)
2) the AdvanceTrac system repair (the ABS control unit went bad which is also a plug -n- play part)
3) a brake fluid flush (which came at their suggestion and shouldn't take more than an hour)

This was 16 days ago. I called Friday and spoke to a guy who's reaction was as if he had no clue my car was there. It's not hard to spot. It's silver with black racing stripes.

Today I called and the lady said she would call me back once she had a status; this was more than an hour ago. Does it takes this long to call the shop and ask about my car?

I'm starting to think that something bad must have happened to my car while in their care. Perhaps they crashed it test driving it and are stalling as they try and figure out what to do (worst case scenario).

I'm getting pissed. I'm going to go there this afternoon to see what's up. This is ridiculous. It's not like they had to open the engine.

Has anyone else had to wait this long to get their car serviced at a Ford Dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#29 ·
Glad to hear you got your car back and in one piece! I would not have been the happiest customer either.

It's unfortunate that such inexcusable service sometimes seems the rule and not the exception...

#30 ·
Thanks. The funny thing is that my coworker took his 2016 Edge to the dealer due to a failed throttle body. He brought the car to the same dealership as me. He took it Saturday 22nd of April and got his car back the same day.

The difference? His car was still under Ford warranty. But my repairs weren't free! They billed my extended warranty almost $2000 (because I had to pay a $220 deductible).

#33 ·
Sometimes you have to act like an *** to get results sadly... well you got your car back. G2G.

#35 ·
Holy Crap! What a nightmare. Very happy you got it all resolved, but definitely find a new dealer to do business with.

#38 ·
All this because one person got sick (your assigned customer service rep), and did not inform anyone about your car for contact?

And rats, I was hoping the car was a Boss; I guess I have that fever of Boss ownership back on my mind.

#41 ·
I guess the Rep. was a Strong-Link in a weak-chain...

#43 ·
I took my 2012 GT in to my local Ford Dealership to have them do 3 simple things:
1) the airbag recall (which most people say takes 15 minutes)
2) the AdvanceTrac system repair (the ABS control unit went bad which is also a plug -n- play part)
3) a brake fluid flush (which came at their suggestion and shouldn't take more than an hour)

This was 16 days ago. I called Friday and spoke to a guy who's reaction was as if he had no clue my car was there. It's not hard to spot. It's silver with black racing stripes.

Today I called and the lady said she would call me back once she had a status; this was more than an hour ago. Does it takes this long to call the shop and ask about my car?

I'm starting to think that something bad must have happened to my car while in their care. Perhaps they crashed it test driving it and are stalling as they try and figure out what to do (worst case scenario).

I'm getting pissed. I'm going to go there this afternoon to see what's up. This is ridiculous. It's not like they had to open the engine.

Has anyone else had to wait this long to get their car serviced at a Ford Dealership?

This past Saturday 4/29/17, Air bag recall, oil change, In and out in 40 minutes.

#47 · (Edited)
I really lost hope on ford dealerships. It's like ford just hires any guy to not do anything or they are just don't really know much about mechanic stuff. My car has had a transmission problem since new (14 GT) and since then I've tried to get it fixed and they will say either it's normal and others will tells me that they hear the problem but need ford to approve some bs to get it fixed, but never call me back. Honestly ever since I bought the car I've brought it probably 5 times for the same issue, and they keep my car for a week every time I bring. And for them not to do anything to it just sad. Car on 20k miles and still not fixed. Hope the transmission just blows on me so they can just give me a new one.

#48 ·
lemon law? like if they have had it for over 30 days in total isnt that something you can work with?

Also i had to call and check to see if my lower control arm parts were in because the guy never called me back lol. Legit love mustangs but will never own a ford again probably

#50 ·
Dealerships are basically Owner operators, not Ford owned, they are Ford authorized. Guys that are hired are not really Ford employees.

In the tech industry you see guys all the time with certifications, but they dont know jack, they have to google everything etc. Not unlike a Ford certified technician. The facts are that just like you have a chance of getting a lawyer, doctor, or mechanic that only just passed with a passing grade, or you can get one who takes thier job seriously and gets all aces, its a crap shoot.

Hence why sometimes you get a half assed uncompleted job done in 14 days, or you car back completed and done right in 3. I still only half trust the work was done, or done right by 90% of the dealerships.

To date I have never had a good outcome from anything more than an oil change from the dealers in my area, Rodman or Baystate Ford.

#51 ·
Ford dealerships' horrendous track record has been and still my only reservation for buying any Ford vehicle. My only dealing so far with my local dealership was to look at a Mustang and I could not even find anyone willing to show them to me. There was no other customers there at all. I bought my mustang while on a trip for much better price anyway. I really think I fear taking my car in for service of any kind alot more than driving with my recalled airbags. Ford really needs to get their act together, but I don't have much hope.

#52 ·
I hesitated a lot before taking my car in for the recall. What convinced me to do so was the YouTube video I saw which showed what a recalled Takata airbag can do to you.

What I hate most about Ford is that they insult your intelligence by saying the car is fine. You're obviously taking it in because you know something is wrong.

I'm not a certified mechanic but I know enough to do most of my car related work on my own. When they tell me my car is fine I tell them their full of crap and school them. Seems they don't even know Mustangs very well. This is my 5th mustang and I feel I know them better than your average mechanic.

#53 ·
When I took my car in. I told the rep that my car was burning too much oil. I bought it on January 30th and took it in on April 10th; just 4,500 miles later.

In that short time, my car had burned through 4.5 quarts of oil. I know that Coyotes burn oil but, this was extreme. When I took it in, it was marking about an 1/8" below the "low indicator" on the dipstick.

The Mechanic said that the oil consumption was normal and that the oil level was normal as well. When I picked up my car and saw that on the paperwork I pulled the dipstick and called the tech and showed him the level on the dipstick. I had to tell him that according to spec the level should be anywhere between the two holes. And asked how was this a "normal" level? He accepted he was wrong and said I'd have to bring the car back to do an "oil consumption test".

They can go to h***. I'm not taking my car back. If they can't read a dipstick then they'll probably say the test was inconclusive.

I'll just keep the oil level in check until I flip it for an S550. I was lucky enough to find the car $9000 below market value where I live. (Who knows...that's probably why)

#54 ·
I can't wait to go in and tell them exactly which control arm I have thats bad right now, only to listen to the we have to diagnose it first crap...

#56 · (Edited)
I've been doing all of my maintenance, on all my vehicles, for my whole life. My car has always been kind of special to me.. I took my car in to the local dealership to get a new key, a few months ago.
I can do a lot things, but I cant make a key..
The thought of someone else's hands, on my car, made me have anxiety. The manager seemed okay, but kind of creepy. They made the key and I bolted..fast as I could. .

I told myself, before I left. "Not coming back, not going to let anyone touch my car, every again...."

#57 ·
So many horror stories... Ugh... why I buy old cars and work on them myself lol.

#58 ·
Speaking of horror stories! After they forgot to order bolts... They were able to "repair" the vehicle... Still made the noise all day yesterday, even worse than before. I called and told the service advisor who said bring it in. So i guess i get to do that again soon :) :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.