Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ford Dealership = Bermuda Triangle

4K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  Blue Steel 
#1 ·
I took my 2012 GT in to my local Ford Dealership to have them do 3 simple things:
1) the airbag recall (which most people say takes 15 minutes)
2) the AdvanceTrac system repair (the ABS control unit went bad which is also a plug -n- play part)
3) a brake fluid flush (which came at their suggestion and shouldn't take more than an hour)

This was 16 days ago. I called Friday and spoke to a guy who's reaction was as if he had no clue my car was there. It's not hard to spot. It's silver with black racing stripes.

Today I called and the lady said she would call me back once she had a status; this was more than an hour ago. Does it takes this long to call the shop and ask about my car?

I'm starting to think that something bad must have happened to my car while in their care. Perhaps they crashed it test driving it and are stalling as they try and figure out what to do (worst case scenario).

I'm getting pissed. I'm going to go there this afternoon to see what's up. This is ridiculous. It's not like they had to open the engine.

Has anyone else had to wait this long to get their car serviced at a Ford Dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#4 ·
16 days and no rental?

#5 ·
No rental. The car is out of warranty (45k miles) so Ford doesn't provide a rental. I have a third party extended warranty but they reimburse the rental. Since I have another car I'm just using that for now.

#6 · (Edited)
just saying warranty or not, over two week to maybe do a two day job at best, my dealer would had a rental for me already. Time to find the number of the general mgr..

After you get it back, I would open a bleed valve on the brakes and see if the break fluid is the same color as whats in the reservior....

#7 ·
you need to find out why....did they start repairs before they had parts? From your post it sounds like they already knew what was bad. It is possible they found additional problems but then they should have gotten your authorization for repairs. As mentioned you need to go there and talk in person (polite at 1st)

don't worry it's unlikely they crashed it....way more likely they just want to race it around.

:)

#11 · (Edited)
That's a good point. I would have gone ballistic by now.
Extremely interested to see how this plays out. Bet they damaged it.

#13 ·
Hope you logged the mileage beforehand... Yeah I would have been down there a few days later asking wtf. But hope it works out.

#14 ·
I took it into my dealer because the clutch made a terrible noise and stopped engaging. It took a week but they had to order the clutch, master cylinder and other specialty parts as well. Other than that it all has been very smooth and thanks for reminding me of the air bags :)

#15 ·
Not even kidding I bought my car back in august and it took until March for them to get a part in (not air bags). I had the car the entire time, but every time i called it was always "next week" "two weeks" "next month" and now my front driver side is making noise when turning at low speeds, in parking lots and such. Im super excited to take it back in lol...

#18 ·
I saw a video on youtube a few years ago where the guy had a motion sensitive camera dash mounted and caught the dealer taking his car out and beating it.

#21 ·
Don't worry about it... The mechanics and salesmen have probably just been taking turns using the car to go to lunch, run errands, things of that nature.

A Ford dealership once had my truck for 33 days, waiting on a back-ordered filler neck that was broken during the warranty replacement of a fuel pump.

#22 · (Edited)
I hate to say this but, I'll bet its been stolen. Seems to be the new trend here in SoCal. A friend of mine took her BMW in for a small service and after waiting 6 hours the dealership finally grew some cojones and admitted they couldn't find the car, the police were called and told her that this was quite common rite now. This is the scenario, service writer drives the car to a bay, leaves the keys in it for the mechanic to come. Thief tracks the car in and as soon as its left alone, they just hop in and drive away.
I certainly hope this is not the case with you.

#23 · (Edited)
Interested to see what took place with this car. A Boss302R (?) sitting for 16 days? It should not have sat more than 24 hours without some sort of update.

I'm not one to jump at any conclusions, but something is not right here.

#25 ·
His handle is Boss302PR he has a 2012 GT. In his case PR stands for Puerto Rico

#26 ·
Any updates?

#28 ·
Sorry for the late reply guys. Was busy dealing with some legal issues in court the past 2 days. My ex-wife is trying to leave the country with my son without my consent. At least she thought she was...

I went to the dealership yesterday and had to get a little ghetto with them. Not easy to handle a pissed off 6'4" 282 pound guy.

Work performed:
a) Replace 2219D11 Solenoid Valve Block / HCU
b) Replace Anti Lock Brake Module
c) Replace Driver Side Airbag Inflator
d) Replace Passenger Side Airbag Inflator
e) Brake fluid flush
f) Full Inspection

Apparently the lady who handled my case was on sick leave and she did not leave someone to continue in contact with me. The parts came in and the car was repaired but she failed to contact the extended warranty. When I went to get my car they said that I had a pending balance of $2,061.

I went off! I demanded to speak to a manager. I was cursing and wanted to tear the place apart...not the best reaction but understand my situation. I bought the car in February and I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage to have it taken from me for 16 days...LOL

They eventually realized the high balance was a result of their not claiming the warranty. They said they would process the warranty but they asked if I could come back the next day to allow them sufficient time to process the claim. I yelled NO! I said I wasn't leaving without my car. That 16 days was ridiculous and that I had no transportation. (I actually did. I left my secondary car at a nearby mall and walked over).

Another guy stepped up and said he would ensure the paperwork was processed before close of business. I had gotten there at 3pm and left with my car at 5pm. For the record I didn't see signs of abuse in the car. It was filthy like it had been left parked on dirt and had been heavily rained upon. The odometer did not show additional miles either.

The car is running fine now. But I will never take the car back to that dealership. Bunch of incompetent people. For those who are wondering how much the AdvanceTrac fix costs...in my case, $1,461 parts + $236 labor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.