Mustang Evolution Forum banner

DNA Headers?

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fintile 
#1 ·
So I know it sounds odd but I only have my phone and app to use for these forums and the search function is junk on the app.

Anyways I was looking and found these headers in ebay, just wondering if anyone has heard of these or knows anything because I can't find any info on this brand.

More so what measurements would yield better results in runner and collector size?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL , that bad eh? Now cheep brand aside. The last couple photos show measurments. One set they have is supposed to be for a Boss (collector measured 2900) and the other just says for GT. Based on those numbers alone which would work best if any?

#6 ·
Well, "the smallest without being too small" is really the best answer. A small primary keeps velocity up, which in turn produces more torque. That being said, a "small" primary may keep velocity up at the low rpms, but may become a restriction at the top end and velocity will slow, torque will drop, and as a result HP will drop. Go too big and you have the opposite problem, good velocity on the top end, but poor velocity down low.

So, building with your goals in mind, i would pick the smallest primary i could, which i believe is a 5/8" on this platform? That "should" give the best powerband. That being said, that's like just saying salt makes a good dish. Salt can be IN a good dish, but it takes a lot more...

#7 ·
So I know it sounds odd but I only have my phone and app to use for these forums and the search function is junk on the app.

Anyways I was looking and found these headers in ebay, just wondering if anyone has heard of these or knows anything because I can't find any info on this brand.
I picked up a set of axle back quad tips for my Subaru STI awhile back on Ebay. Like your headers, no info available about them that is particularly useful. No reviews by the usual reliable magazines, etc that I could spot, either. Their make had three capital letters, but I can't be sure what they were.

Great price! Fit was mediocre at best. Finish was poor. Rust within a month. They were removed and tossed.

They were made in China and were cheap to purchase but even at the great price not even close to worth it. Headers, with how difficult they often are to install, would be well worth choosing wisely.

Have you looked into the actual benefits of shorty headers? There is much written about this and it may be worth a read to you.

Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer. I'm sure you would rather have an enthusiastic 'Go for it'.

All the best.

#9 ·
I have a general idea. Mostly looking at them for emmissions reasons plus they are supposed to bump your low end power a bit too. I had them on my V6 and they really helped out. Just felt a lot smoother and the sound was a lot mellower as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.