Mustang Evolution Forum banner

fender bubbles what to do?

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Revvv 
#1 ·
So i have my 13 gt for almost 4.5 years now, in second year i had my hood repainted due to bubbling. Earlier this week i discovered more bubbles has returned under the hood and found some new bubbles on the fenders. I know i can get a aftermarket hood to fix the bubbling issues but i dont think theres aftermarket fenders for this car. What can i do?

#2 ·
The fenders are Steel, repair them the same as any steel body car. Sand, prime, seal & paint.

Being sure to remove any underlying oxidation of course.

Any paint/body shop should have no special concerns with the fenders.

#7 ·
You mentioned aftermarket fenders in one of your posts. If you really want to replace the corroding parts you can find carbon fiber and fiberglass replacements.

Personally, I would document the stripping of paint at the body shop. If the car has no history of being crashed or repaired, and if a dealership sold you the car as such, I would present any previous bodywork to that dealership. At that point I would produce all of the paperwork possible and do my best to have them cover the repair costs.

Beware; the dealership does not have to do anything without Ford backing them. Also be ready to pay the shop doing the work. There is always the possibility that your car was contaminated in the factory paint line. No damage may be found. It could simply be a flaw.

#17 ·
Thanks man, not too bad $500 for 1 pair. Since the fenders are made of steel, will the bubbles return if i get them repainted?

#18 ·
If the panels are prepped, primed, and sealed correctly the paint should last longer than the car.

The bubbles you have now are possibly evidence of a contaminate under the paint. A good shop will do everything possible to prevent any future issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.