Mustang Evolution Forum banner

E85 or 3.73

3K views 58 replies 11 participants last post by  PatrioticAlex 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 gt , i don't know If i should get 3.73 gears or 47lbs injectors with a e 85 tune. Currently run 93 race tune.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
Full bolt on until after college them boost

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

All around car

#12 ·
To answer your question about gears... going above 3.31s will make your car slower. Need to do more research before just throwing parts at the car but good you asked on here at least. The auto has such a steep 1st gear there is no need to even go above the stock 3.15s and then you get to retain the great highway mileage/rpm with that rear gear.

#13 ·
will 47 lb injectors be sufficient for a CAI, longtubes, dumped exhaust and 4,10s? According to American muscle they are not sufficient lol.

Running Manual tranny here.

#14 ·
"According to American Muscle"...

stop right there... just stop. AM is a re-seller/vendor, that is it. Their "tech support" is paid $12/hr. This is like getting medical advice from the dude behind the counter at CVS.

Get in touch with one of the good tuners and get THEIR recommendations instead of like... the pizza delivery guy working part time at AM's canned response recommendations...

#33 ·
"According to American Muscle"...

stop right there... just stop. AM is a re-seller/vendor, that is it. Their "tech support" is paid $12/hr. This is like getting medical advice from the dude behind the counter at CVS.
Terrible example, you realize pharmacists have doctorates(some older ones may not but still went to school for 7 years instead of 8). We have doctors that ask our pharmacists what medication to prescribe when there is an issue, and countless people seeking advice. More and more pharmacists are becoming like doctors except you dont need an appointment to talk to one. No I am not a pharmacist but a tech and soon to be intern once school starts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#15 ·
Lmao I kind of figured out it was dumb. Just wanted to see other people's thoughts.

I'm planning on also running E85 soon.

Sometimes AM remind me of the "experts" at oreillys or autozone. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#16 ·
Likening them to the "experts" at autozone is pretty close...

Just call Lund IMO.

#18 ·
I have one guy at O'Reilley's. He is about 18 years old and has more knowledge about cars than anyone else in the store's chain. The kid is too smart to be behind the counter.

He also knows the Ford Mod Engines. He has a Crown Vic that will likely put most Mustangs to shame. If I need a gasket, filter (WIX only here for oil filters), etc he knows the part number by heart. The kid is an Encyclopedia of Ford knowledge.

#27 ·
Haven't there been exhaustive documented tests that show that anything past 3.31s makes the car slower? Pretty sure there have been.

Cars with steeper gears probably feel like they are pulling harder at points but noobs and dumbasses rely on the "butt-o-meter" vs an actual timeslip.

#29 ·
If you have E by you and dont' have to worry about driving to get it just get a pure E85 tune.

Also the term "flex fuel" is just a term that auto manufacturers use for cars that are setup/tuned to run on either dino or corn, there is no actual fuel called "Flex".

#31 ·
There is a reason all the companies sell the tune/cai packages together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.