Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Car keeps slipping rod bearings.

887 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  5LHO 
#1 ·
I've been looking through the forms for a little bit and haven't been able to find anything on this. I have a 2011 Mustang GT premium, it has a boss 302 intake, header and full exhaust, stage 3 clutch, light weight flywheel, short throw shifter. I bought the car used at 43,000 miles. It's now 64,000 About 6000 miles ago I got a knocking noise and a power loss. After doing some research I figured out that I had slipped a rod bearing. When I pulled apart there it was. There was no damage to the crankshaft yet so I just polished that up and put tri-metal bearings in. I compare them side-by-side to the old bearing and They were the same size. I also put a boss 302 oil pan on to reduce sloshing and cleaned out any bits of metal from the oil pick up tube and oil Gear. Car ran great after that. Then about 1000 miles ago I started getting a power loss again. It threw an engine code yesterday and it was a camshaft position sensor I put that in and it felt fine again but when I cranked it up this morning it started knocking as if I slipped a bearing again. Granted I drive the car hard and The engine internals are stock. But I didn't think I had enough horsepower to have to worry about that. Has anyone else had similar experience with slipping bearings?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#2 ·
It's not power, I'd bet you are revving the **** out of this thing, limiter hits, etc. The rods are flinging around really hard whe you do that, with lots of angular momentum as they circle the crank centre line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.