Mustang Evolution Forum banner

long tube headers 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 ?

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Vincy 
#1 ·
I'm going to install long tube headers no cat on my 2015 gt. I'm not sure of the set up.do I go 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 headers? do I keep the 2 1/2 stock pipe or do I go with a 3 inch pipe.? I do not want to lose back pressure.the car is a 2015 gt performance package with a x pipe resonater delete and street magnaflows. I have a sct mpt tuner already.i will call for a remap of the tuner. any suggestions will help thanks.

#2 ·
I'm going to install long tube headers no cat on my 2015 gt. I'm not sure of the set up.do I go 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 headers? do I keep the 2 1/2 stock pipe or do I go with a 3 inch pipe.? I do not want to lose back pressure.the car is a 2015 gt performance package with a x pipe resonater delete and street magnaflows. I have a sct mpt tuner already.i will call for a remap of the tuner. any suggestions will help thanks.
1 3/4"

#5 ·
This x2. You do not want back pressure.

Basically, you'll want 1-3/4 if you plan to stay NA forever. It'll make fair bit more torque down below 3k (not that it matters for racing, but it can be nice crusing in a higher gear).
If you might want boost in the future, grab 1-7/8 so you have room to grow if you ever decide to turn up the boost, even though 1-3/4 is probably fine for your average boost build.

#17 ·
Kooks long tubes 1 7/8 and 3 inch Borla S Type- Custom connection to ensure 100% 3 inch right through. I have a Roush Phase2 SC with VMP Roush upgrade/Throttle body/GT 500 injectors/PMAS CAI/VMP Triple pass Heat Exchanger and VMP tune. Makes 680 rwhp. The car has CF DS, Rovos durbans wrapped in Nitto 555 staggered, Eibach springs and sway, Koni yellows, Cervini grill, Roush spoiler, hood vents and winglets, LED light upgrades interior and exterior, Steeda Stop the hop kit with braces/brackets and ends, MGW race spec short throw shifter, GT350 steering and shift knob... the list grows... but the car is a solid build and performer...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.