Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Back up camera add with IDS

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  MustangPat 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2014 GT/CS and as we know they deleted the back up camera because of the spoiler... My question is has anybody used a Ford IDS to turn the feature on in the factory navigation system? I have access to a IDS but I'm not sure where to go to enable the rear camera. I've gone in and went to module programming but I'm not sure which module to mess with or what to change. If anybody has insight on this I'd appreciate it. I want to add a camera and I'm sure it has to be possible to turn it on with the IDS. Also if anybody has suggestions for a camera that doesn't attach to the licence plate that I can wire in that's be great as well. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
Cool thanks guys. I was hoping to just turn it on without having to spend $$$ on an interface module but it looks like my only choice... I know it's capable but it seems like ford made it difficult even with the dealer tool... I wonder if someone makes a module with rca outputs for amplifiers all in one with the camera input. That'd be sweet lol. Any suggestions on a factory looking camera for the rear? Thanks for all the replies!

#10 ·
Yes I have navigation. I only have powertrain warranty left so I don't think it would void that... I know I can install it and wire it in but how do you enable the feature in the navigation system? I've seen threads on sending in the module to have it programmed but I figured if I have an IDS then I should be able to do it myself... Guess not... all the threads I've seen there has been nothing definitive so I was just seeing if someone figured it out and just didn't post an update...

#11 ·
I took the trunk liner off my 2012 GT w/NAV and found that the wiring for the camera was there. Same is probably true for yours. If so then you're looking at the same situation I am. The wiring is all there you just need a camera AND a Sync Lockpick. Once you install the lockpick you can program the onboard computer to use the camera. You can even set it up so the camera view is available at any time, not just in reverse. You can add other cameras as well. I also understand you can over-ride the safety apps thereby making your DVD player available w/o having to be stopped and the emergency brake engaged ! There's lots of threads on this site about installing cameras and there are youtube videos showing you how to install the Lockpick. I don't know what IDS is but I'm assuming it's like the Lockpick device. Good luck !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.