Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Stock airbox

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  5LHO 
#1 ·
Anybody looking to part with a stock airbox and intake pipe for a Coyote 11-14?

I had a little nitrous mishap and I need one now :(

#3 ·
Oh, it affected everything but, I've collected the other parts. The intake mani is hero part; blown to smithereens; keeping the remains for the collection. Apparently the plastic mani and hood vents are burst panels.

#5 ·
Nx plate, automatic.

#6 ·
Nitrous mishap

I'll chime in.
First off, by hood vents you mean what Ford calls the heat extractors on the 13-14 hoods?
My kid talked me out of nitrous and I went the supercharger route. Your mishap has given me renewed faith in my decision. I give you credit, no one else on this site admits to their mishaps, I can share my tales of sorrow.

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah, I mean the heat extractors. The blast blew the left one right out of the hood. Stuff happens. I've been racing for decades. I've thrown hundreds of pounds of nitrous down engines with nary a problem until this. It has upset me because I love this car and I damaged it fairly seriously. The motor looks like it survived; it blows even comp on all 8 so, there is that. The bodywork damage is the most upsetting. I can't fix that stuff myself.

This ain't near as bad as when I put a *supercharger* on my 2012, lost it on the road, hit a tree and rolled it. So, watch yer *** :)

#10 ·
This would likely have happened, whatever manifold was on there. It might have even been worse on the lower velocity Boss. I was taking a risk shooting 150 on e85 right off the stock stall. I paid for it.

#11 ·
Nitrous

Yea, I'm not playing on the ragged edge and probably wouldn't go more than 100 - 150 shot.
Stuff happens regardless.
Guys who don't respect what they have and push stuff like that, that is go way beyond reasonable limits, give it a bad name. Cause when it goes south, its never their fault. I really seriously considered it but got a decent deal on a reasonably streetable kit.
5LHO, hood pictures if you don't mind, I'm trying to get a feel and before I went to college, I did body work some I'm just curious.
That said, if it can't be done with a ding king, it goes to the body shop. No way I can justify a really big compressor and a spray booth.

#12 ·
150 is not the ragged edge. It's a decent shot but nowhere near the edge. It's the circumstances. It could have done this with a 50 shot just as well. 150 likely increased the damage, as there was more fuel to combust here.

#14 ·
#15 ·
Thanks, that is a heck of an offer. I may have a local solution but nothing confirmed. I will absolutely let you know before the weekend so you don't waste time looking for something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.