Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Whipple Questions

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Rapinator126 
#1 ·
Alright so I'm looking to get a Whipple for my 2013 GT. But I'm not sure which stage to go with. Stage 1,2,or 3. I'm unsure of the difference between the three stages. Also are all three stages smog legal? Thanks in advance for any input! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#3 ·
Best decision you can make is buying the MOST intercooler you can in a PD application. It's not about boost levels, it's about charge cooling when trying to make an 11:1 compression engine run on pump gas with boost.

Keep in mind, the Whipple doesn't produce the PD low-end punch experience the way the TVS does. Frankly, I've been underwhelmed by the performance of Whipple cars at the strip. They seem sensitive to heat soak and IAT2 timing pull, to a far greater degree than other PD blowers, hence my advice to get as much IC as you can cram in there.

#6 ·
PD ease of install and tuning is allright for some people. Frankly, if I was to dip my toe into boost again on a coyote, I'd go TVS, personally, mainly for the fun factor and the simplicity of install. I can handle anything I put my mind to mechanically and have done many times over but, I know my own goals, what would make me happy and how to achieve them with the minimum of fuss.

#8 · (Edited)
Once you have driven a PD blown car you have drove them all for the most part.
Especially on the coyote. The higher compression makes the initial hit of a PD blower less violent. Vs a 03-04 cobra or 3v ect.
Not the same for a turbo or real nitrous car. Purpose built nitrous car.
#iwassprayingmorethansomeofyallmake

But if you do go PD definitely go with the VMP over a whipple
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.