Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Advance Trac light ON issue

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ROUSH RS3 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
Just wondering if any of you had encountered this situation; When I go to the track, (Road Racing, not Drag Racing) after 2 or 3, 20 minutes lapping sessions, I get my Traction Control and Advance Trac light ON and stays ON, in the cluster and if go in reverse to park the vehicle after a session; the reverse lights stay ON as well, even if I am in neutral. However, when the car cools down; everything comes back to normal. During normal driving condition; I have no issues whatsoever and no cluster lights ON at all. It seems it is only when I have been lapping for a while that this situation occurs.

I can imagine that I get this because the tranny and diff gets very hot; but I would like to understand the reason why this happens and can this be prevented….!!??

Cuz after a track day; I am not so concerned for the traction control OFF but I drive home with my reverse lights ON…..

Anybody …. Any ideas….!!

Thanks for your help!! :thumb:
Jean

#3 ·
Hi..... Thanks for the reply.
I have a Manual Tranny. As for the brakes; I have upgraded my brakes with Wilwood Big Brake (W6A) kit front and rear.... I also use Wilwood racing High Temp (over 600F Boil Point) Brake oil . Therefore as for the brake; they do heat up but I have no issue there...
Cheers

#5 ·
Also check the continuity of the sensors if you can. It is possible that they are dirty or have gone bad.

If you suspect the trans of getting too hot I would check the fluid level and color. The last thing you wany to do is burn up the bearings and chew up gears and synchros.

It would be nice to have a transmission cooler, but we don't normally have that luxury with a manual.

#6 ·
Thanks Revvv!!!
I appreciate you taking the time....

As I track my car often; I have the tranny oil serviced at FORD annually. As we have severe winters conditions here; I don't drive my pony in the winter. Therefore, the oil level is good and clean. Cleaning the sensors is definitely my next move and I will take it from there

Last night at the track, I did have a chat with other drivers; it seems that having the Advance Trac and/or Traction Control light ON after a few lapping sessions, especially on a hot day; to be happening a lot even with other car makers!

100% of the drivers I did speak too; said after the car cools down the lights goes OFF and normal driving condition does not brings them back ON. It seems to be happening the majority of the time at the track after many lapping hard driving.

Thanks again Amigo!
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.