Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Hood Corrosion - What do you think of this?

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Coosawjack 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
youd think if they repainted it knowing the issue theyd have sovled it. that's pretty sad. maybe its more prone to that when you daily drive them. I have a 2010 that im pretty sure isn't showing signs of the hood corrosion issue but I do not drive the thing everyday. as to your question in my opinion it doesn't look bad. idk that I would use one unless I was in your shoes. it does beat the hell out of those gross old school bras lol

#6 ·
Problem is it's most likely contamination when the hood was made. No amount of repainting will solve it with these aluminum hoods.

#5 ·
Fighting that stupid hood corrosion on my black 2013... had my hood painted, but it's coming back. What do you guys think of this? They're like 60 bucks for smoke. Thanks....Arlen.
https://www.lundinternational.com/newproducts/bug+deflectors+and+hood+protectors/aeroskin
I grew up in Chicago. No car over 5 years old or so was rust-free......I wonder about the "salty sea air" in Florida? In the Midwest, it was the huge amount of salt spread on the streets in winter. The salty road spray found it's way easily into the "joint" between the inner fenderwell and outer panel surface, rear quarters, and ate at the panel whenever it got damp again, sometimes stayed damp forever, rained every few days.

I learned what the rumors said about the Desert were true. No rust. I bought this '94 GT last May, 23 years old, original finish, still shiny, rust non-existent. Original Arizona car.

#8 ·
I grew up in Chicago. No car over 5 years old or so was rust-free......I wonder about the "salty sea air" in Florida? In the Midwest, it was the huge amount of salt spread on the streets in winter. The salty road spray found it's way easily into the "joint" between the inner fenderwell and outer panel surface, rear quarters, and ate at the panel whenever it got damp again, sometimes stayed damp forever, rained every few days.

I learned what the rumors said about the Desert were true. No rust. I bought this '94 GT last May, 23 years old, original finish, still shiny, rust non-existent. Original Arizona car.

new kid has a nice looking car.....:thumb:

#9 ·
That is a good cheap fix IMO. Do it and then get a good aftermarket hood during tax season.

#12 ·
It's so frickin annoying... I would probably get an aftermarket hood, but I can't find one that looks like the stock hood... they're all "upgraded" a bit w/scoops, etc. I like to be more low key ...well as much as I can be w/this car. Hooking the hood up to the battery did nothing. I recently scraped away the bubbling where I found it under the hood, so hoping that will help stop the progression on the visible parts. We'll see. All part of the love hate relationship w/these things... Awesome has to come at some price...right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.