Mustang Evolution Forum banner

whipple owners is this true?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  REG 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yep, It's True!

I put a Whipplecharger on my '89 5.0 and was unprepared for the difference in fuel economy! 'Course, earlier I had shoved a 9" in it with 3.89s. Interesting job burning off the spring pads and welding new gear on for coils, but it worked. 5-speed manual, got around 20 mpg with the 3.08s, with the blower, 12 if lucky.

It takes lots of power to keep that thing spinning as fast as it does. When I was ordering it, asked what will it do to my fuel use, he said "It'll stay the same". Good luck with that!

#4 ·
I put an eforce on, no gearing change, getting similar mileage to what I got before SC.
Of course, if you are in it all the time, it'll go down quick.
The eforce and traction control don't get along real well. It wants to pull back as soon as it breaks loose and sometimes its pretty harsh when it pulls it back.
With TC off no bucking, surging, etc.

#6 ·
Fuel Economy

I didn't see a huge drop, I would get around 21 mpg going to work and back (lot of city driving) and I'm seeing 20 MPG with it.
I don't have an opportunity to really open it up there are one or two stretches but too many A-holes out there.
In the garage now for most of the winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.