where is crankshaft position sensor located? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 377
where is crankshaft position sensor located?

on a 2013 gt
__________________
13' Mustang GT, A6, Whiteline adj. phb & support brace, Roush a/b, Boss 302 brace, Pioneer door speakers, Alpine 10" 500 Watt RMS Amp and Sub, Michelin Pilot Super Sport
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Back side of passenger head. On block itself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Back side of passenger head. On block itself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Looked back behind the engine on passenger side but couldnt tell which one it is, did some searching some saying its a 8mm bolt on the driver side but im not seeing neither.

What year is your mustang? would you mind taking a pic and show me where it is?
__________________
13' Mustang GT, A6, Whiteline adj. phb & support brace, Roush a/b, Boss 302 brace, Pioneer door speakers, Alpine 10" 500 Watt RMS Amp and Sub, Michelin Pilot Super Sport
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
Looked back behind the engine on passenger side but couldnt tell which one it is, did some searching some saying its a 8mm bolt on the driver side but im not seeing neither.

What year is your mustang? would you mind taking a pic and show me where it is?
I will get a picture of the f100 I put a yote in later today when I get there. It's on the passenger side, behind the head. Near the bellhousing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I will get a picture of the f100 I put a yote in later today when I get there. It's on the passenger side, behind the head. Near the bellhousing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
https://www.autozone.com/engine-mana...sor/257636_0_0

This it? Didnt have time earlier to take a long look, had to leave for work.
__________________
13' Mustang GT, A6, Whiteline adj. phb & support brace, Roush a/b, Boss 302 brace, Pioneer door speakers, Alpine 10" 500 Watt RMS Amp and Sub, Michelin Pilot Super Sport
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:54 AM   #6
REG
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Monaca
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 263
Crank sensor

On passenger side, follow the O2 sensor wire and it is right below the connection for the O2 sensor.
find the electrical connector and gently pull while pushing in the tab.
It is an 8 mm bolt that holds it in.
It is mounted on the bellhousing flange goes through a hole.
Getting back in is tricky as it is magnetic and tends to want to go up near the flywheel/flex plate.
I know because I had to pull it and put an oring on it per a TSB. Was getting misfire indications. You may have to do a crank relearn after replacement.
__________________
2013 BBK Short tube, E-Force Stage 2, M/T 245/18/40 DR's, BMR LCA's, Alum D/S, Strange FRT adjustable struts
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I will get a picture of the f100 I put a yote in later today when I get there. It's on the passenger side, behind the head. Near the bellhousing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Want to see more pictures of the F100 build!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Want to see more pictures of the F100 build!
I will post some in a separate thread right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #9
REG
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Monaca
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 263
Crank sensor

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	247570
I've tried to attach a picture.
The blue wire is the o2 sensor and if you look below it you'll see a wire with aluminum tape around it, that is the crank sensor wire. You can see the 8mm bolt next to it. It should stay in the sensor. My vehicle is a 2013 auto and as I said, the oring fix cured it of the misfire code. If you need the oring I can send you one. I had to buy 10 for 20 bucs.
Procal has a function for crank relearn, but the SCT X4 works better. FYI first time I did a crank relearn, I uploaded the current tune to the SCT, reloaded the procal and did it but it should work with doing any of that.
__________________
2013 BBK Short tube, E-Force Stage 2, M/T 245/18/40 DR's, BMR LCA's, Alum D/S, Strange FRT adjustable struts
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
Attachment 247570
I've tried to attach a picture.
The blue wire is the o2 sensor and if you look below it you'll see a wire with aluminum tape around it, that is the crank sensor wire. You can see the 8mm bolt next to it. It should stay in the sensor. My vehicle is a 2013 auto and as I said, the oring fix cured it of the misfire code. If you need the oring I can send you one. I had to buy 10 for 20 bucs.
Procal has a function for crank relearn, but the SCT X4 works better. FYI first time I did a crank relearn, I uploaded the current tune to the SCT, reloaded the procal and did it but it should work with doing any of that.
__________________
13' Mustang GT, A6, Whiteline adj. phb & support brace, Roush a/b, Boss 302 brace, Pioneer door speakers, Alpine 10" 500 Watt RMS Amp and Sub, Michelin Pilot Super Sport
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Mustang GT Crankshaft Position Sensors Robert Baxter 2005-2010 Mustang GT 2 10-10-2014 09:10 AM
Where is the bank 2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor located? BIG R 2005-2010 Mustang GT 2 10-04-2013 05:46 PM
Crankshaft Sensor .. Need Help infamous281 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 08-21-2013 11:59 AM
crank angle sensor/camshaft position sensor instalation 1996v6stang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 11-03-2011 06:57 PM
Crankshaft position sensor? saif02gt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 1 03-31-2011 08:23 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.