Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Good tuner for 11 GT Auto

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Morning Fellas
Looking to find a good tuner for my 11 GT auto, whos the best guy out their to tune the 6R80.I am thinking either AED or VMP both seem to have good reputations with 5.0/auto setup. Just looking for some reviews

#2 ·
Both fine. I chose VMP. Not going to get a huge gain with tune only but, it's worth doign still for the more responsive and dynamic engine and trans performance. The 11-12 stock tune is particularly terrible so, you stand to make a pretty decent improvement. I found the stock tune on my 14 much better than the one on my 12 but, still, gains were made.

#3 ·
Talk to Lund too. Dude is supposed to be a wizard with the auto.

#5 ·
???

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
I have vmp on my 2012 auto couldn?t be happier I also tried mpt Steeda and brenspeed vmp by far is the best
Wow Jek, by far the best? I?m not going to argue (I use VMP too) but care to elaborate on that? Btw, I didn?t get the reminder for the show last summer/fall lol! Finger lakes region was it?
~Bill

#7 ·
Here's my stock auto Mustang GT on a good day....

#9 ·
Weird, it attached my first vid to jek's post....

#14 ·
jek57 said:
Yes very happy so far with them very powerful tunes also they must know their stuff when it come to autos the shifting on mine is spot no idle problems also what i liked about them was that before they sent my other tunes they wanted a datal?og on the tune they sent to make sure it was safe for my car..... yes it was in Phelps New York also i seen your car at the Am show last summer very nice car indeed
That?s been my experience with VMP also. Even though car felt great, they made an adjustment after the first datalog. They wanted to be sure I didn?t want another datalog, it was/is awesome so I saw no need. Sent another anyway and they said all looked good. Easy to work with for sure!
Thanks for the compliment. Car was a mess since it rained on the way down, didn?t really clean it up or leave the hood up but you could see the pulley thru the hood scoop ;). I?d like to make that Phelps show.

#16 ·
Haven?t decided if I?m making the AM show this year or not. You?

#18 ·
Cool! I?ll buy the tix to benefit make a wish at least. Ask a friend or two and a kid or two if they want to go again, then make up my mind.

#20 ·
Just loaded the VMP tune into my auto 11 GT/cs my previous tune sucked from one of the other guys.VMP alex tuned the car all I can say is I love my car again he did an amazing job even with the 4.10s.Its a handful LOL
FELLAS your input showed my the way to VMP.Thanks a million for your help on this

BOB
Chilliwack BC

#21 ·
Yep, like I said, my 14 auto rips hard with the VMP tune.

#22 ·
Next step should be to remove the 4.10s, you car will run faster times with the stock 3.15s back in it or 3.31s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.