Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Keyless entry memory reset

686 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ByBlaZeD 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to clear fobs out of the cars memory? I have a 14 GT/CS and ordered some flip keys on eBay. They sent the wrong keys and they won't program to the pats system. They did program to the keyless entry system though. I tired everything. I have access to an IDS and I tired programming the pats system that way with no luck. I went through the key reset procedure on the IDS and programmed my 2 factory keys back to the car hoping that would clear the memory but it did not. I tried going into the the keyless entry program mode (8 key turn method) and only did my 2 factory keys and waited for it to time out. That's what a Google search yielded me but the 2 aftermarket fobs still work the keyless entry system. I'm sending the keys back without the cut portion in them but would like to delete them from the keyless memory as well before mailing them off. Is there another place in the IDS that I can do this? Or does anyone have any insight on how to reset the memory so I can program just my 2 keys? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and sorry for the long read. I just wanted to give all the info I had.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.