Mustang Evolution Forum banner

First Gen Coyote Rev Limiter Question

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Voltwings 
#1 · (Edited)
Can a 2011 Bone Stock GT, Manual Trans, Performance Package (3.73.gears) handle increasing the rev limiter to 7300 RPM?
I attended the SlipStream Roll Racing Event at Pocono Raceway yesterday and hit the rev limiter in 4th gear at 7000 RPM, just short of the finish line on a third of a mile run. Interestingly I still beat out the BMW I was running against but was decelerating into the finish because of the rev limiter. I am running an MPT Performance tune which does set the limit at 7000.

#2 ·
You can spin those to 8k. I'd get ahold of VMP/Lund/AED and have them re-tune you.

#3 ·
Thanks Scotty. I will look in to another tune but I am contacting MPT too. I looked at the original email from them and the rev limiter according to them is set for 7300 but I absolutely hit a limit at 7k. The old saying is true... you get what you pay for...

#4 ·
You can also get ahold of James Gordon at Tuning by James (google it). He's a very high end tuner who works for Steeda, worked for SVT, does his own thing etc... He'll give you a fair price and a legit datalogged remote tune. Super nice guy too. He's who I used so I'm a little biased but nothing but good things to say.

He's the tuner who put the new Steeda 2018 car into the 10s btw.

Reactions: audioAl
#5 ·
MPT is a good tuner, but on the stock manifold you aren't making power much past 7 anyways. I took my 2013 to 7500 regularly and 8000 on very few occasions with a cobrajet. Over 7500 you're on borrowed time without oil pump gears, but sub 7500 is no issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.