What feature do you feel is overkill? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: What feature do you feel is overkill?

^lol What I want to know is if he is really English or is he just that good at acting English?

But either way, I agree with him, the people with shall we say "more time on this earth than us" should drive them too. Hell, they grew up during the best muscle car years ever.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Overkill... hmm... How about the additional weight gains? When Ford is more than capable of making a lighter stronger chassis for a good price. The Mustang needs a DIET
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

they are worrying to much about looks and not enough about performance they need to make a mustang with at least 350 cubic inches (that ***** would fly)
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

lol What I want to know is if he is really English or is he just that good at acting English?

But either way, I agree with him, the people with shall we say "more time on this earth than us" should drive them too. Hell, they grew up during the best muscle car years ever.

Glad I amused you my old mate. To satisfy your curiosity YES I certainly am English through & through & proud of it lived in the U.S for 8 years. However I am equally proud of enjoying the privilege of living in your great country & driving a fabulous American motor car the like of which they could never produce in Europe ( Don't get me wrong Europe designs magnificent cars but don't understand the "Muscle" concept. As far as I am concerned my GT500 is the dogs bollocks.
English Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Paul View Post
lol What I want to know is if he is really English or is he just that good at acting English?

Glad I amused you my old mate. To satisfy your curiosity YES I certainly am English through & through & proud of it lived in the U.S for 8 years. However I am equally proud of enjoying the privilege of living in your great country & driving a fabulous American motor car the like of which they could never produce in Europe ( Don't get me wrong Europe designs magnificent cars but don't understand the "Muscle" concept. As far as I am concerned my GT500 is the dogs bollocks.

Europue doesn't make magnificent cars they make expensive cars
Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

^One of few English dudes I like!

Saleen what are you talking about, the Mustang is the lightest of the three

Europe certainly does make magnificant cars. Ever work on a VW to say the least? Even the bolts are engineered for the car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

for as much as those cars are, freakin etheopia could make one just as good if they had the money
Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

for as much as those cars are, freakin etheopia could make one just as good if they had the money.

Well Upton 7 when you make silly remarks like the above it's probably fruitless coming back to you, but I will - , think Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce are they not magnificent irregardless of price, consider what you are saying, think MG, Triumph, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Bugatti, not magnificent ?????, now if you want to talk price & value, go on line & take a look @ the magnificence of some of the working mans driving tools made & designed by the likes of Renault, Fiat, Citroen,Peugot,VW, I doubt you are even familiar with these brands & their technical advancements. Go take a look @ some Alfa Romeos, BMW's, Mercedes, Lancia's & tell me they don't make iconic vehicles.

You know better still take a look @ some of the cars produced in Europe , designed in Europe & driven in Europe , owned by American Car companies, Ford, make fabulous European designed cars, sleek, very quick, very advanced, the like of which you have never seen here, GM own the "Vauxhall " & "Opal" mark in Europe - yes magnificent cars for the ordinary man. If you want to talk expensive you are correct in relative terms - that is relative to the United States where you are thoroughly spoilt with auto pricing ,however in Europe you have sleeker styles , better MPG &, better handling generally, if you think that is BS go buy a European car magazine, or better still bloody well drive one, or watch on BBC America a program called "Top Gear" it may fulfill that part of your education clearly sadly lacking.
In your great country you have produced great cars for years, for incredible value, mostly run on cheap gas & designed for entirely different road conditions to Europe it's horses for courses. I love most American cars always have as do many Europeans, & when living in England I did not deride them. Your comments on Ethiopians ability given the funding to produce cars equivalent to those produced in Europe, insults a roughly 130 year heritage of producing cars on my continent & grossly inflates the ability of Ethiopians ability to take a quantum leap into the 21st century, you have obviously never purchased an Ethiopian product or visited that country (I have), By the way if you want to insult my continent of birth please do me the courtesy of spelling it correctly, you might also want to extend that courtesy to Ethiopians.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:

Very well then, I'm glad to hear it. I do agree with you, Europe does make some amazing cars...the engineering behind them is outstanding.
A friend of mine as an old Peugot 5spd with 250,000 miles on it, a very reliable car.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
German Engineering is European and is probably the best Auto Eng. in the world! (IMO)

IMO = In my Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
^One of few English dudes I like!

Saleen what are you talking about, the Mustang is the lightest of the three

Europe certainly does make magnificant cars. Ever work on a VW to say the least? Even the bolts are engineered for the car!
No it is far from the lightest.

1993 GT 5spd 'vert weighs about 3250 and coupe is about 3100(couldn't link)

1999/2004 #'s
HowStuffWorks "1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Ford Mustang Specifications"

2010 #'s
2010 Ford Mustang Price, Specs & More | RSportsCars.com

2005 Coupe #'s at the bottom of the page
2005 Mustang Test - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Althought my point of going on a diet can be had for all models since the Fox!

EDIT : NOW I REALIZE YOU WERE COMPARING THE THE CAMARO AND CHALLENGER, I AM COMPARING TO MUSTANGS.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Back up camera is retarded for any car
On the contrary, how else will you be able to admire the grill on the Challenger R/T that is LOSING TO YOU!?
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:

+1, born in Ascot
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

English Paul - You're forgetting Lotus, I've seen a few of those up close and driving them I would **** my pants they are so low to the ground.

Now I can not be 100% positive since I've never gotten to Europe, but aren't the expensive European cars we know relatively cheap across the pond? By means of the local manufacturers and the increasing Euro, they seem more expensive for us Americans.

BTW saw the BMW 1 series, it looks ****ing beautiful. BMW could make 1- and 3- series for the most part and I wouldn't complain on the lost of the 5- and 7- series.
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
for as much as those cars are, freakin etheopia could make one just as good if they had the money.

Well Upton 7 when you make silly remarks like the above it's probably fruitless coming back to you, but I will - , think Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce are they not magnificent irregardless of price, consider what you are saying, think MG, Triumph, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Bugatti, not magnificent ?????, now if you want to talk price & value, go on line & take a look @ the magnificence of some of the working mans driving tools made & designed by the likes of Renault, Fiat, Citroen,Peugot,VW, I doubt you are even familiar with these brands & their technical advancements. Go take a look @ some Alfa Romeos, BMW's, Mercedes, Lancia's & tell me they don't make iconic vehicles.

I know all of those brands, but i'm american and loyal to it. The only brands that matter to me are Ford and Chevrolet

You know better still take a look @ some of the cars produced in Europe , designed in Europe & driven in Europe , owned by American Car companies, Ford, make fabulous European designed cars, sleek, very quick, very advanced, the like of which you have never seen here, GM own the "Vauxhall " & "Opal" mark in Europe - yes magnificent cars for the ordinary man. If you want to talk expensive you are correct in relative terms - that is relative to the United States where you are thoroughly spoilt with auto pricing ,however in Europe you have sleeker styles , better MPG &, better handling generally, if you think that is BS go buy a European car magazine, or better still bloody well drive one, or watch on BBC America a program called "Top Gear" it may fulfill that part of your education clearly sadly lacking.
In your great country you have produced great cars for years, for incredible value, mostly run on cheap gas & designed for entirely different road conditions to Europe it's horses for courses. I love most American cars always have as do many Europeans, & when living in England I did not deride them. Your comments on Ethiopians ability given the funding to produce cars equivalent to those produced in Europe, insults a roughly 130 year heritage of producing cars on my continent & grossly inflates the ability of Ethiopians ability to take a quantum leap into the 21st century, you have obviously never purchased an Ethiopian product or visited that country (I have), By the way if you want to insult my continent of birth please do me the courtesy of spelling it correctly, you might also want to extend that courtesy to Ethiopians.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

If they are so much better then move back
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

You know Upton 7, just as I was composing my response to your initial comments, I anticipated exactly the response you have provided, perhaps you don't realize that rudeness is the first resort of the ignorant. I have no immediate intention of "Moving Back", again I am proud to live LEGALLY in your wonderful country, I pay all of my dues & have asked for nothing other than the opportunity to continue to make my way in life, I have lived in three states & largely been welcomed by all that I meet with, very few carry your insular attitude. My country also has it's share of small minded, ignorant, parochial, idiots who assume that the rest of the world has little to offer - remind you of any one ?. So I say again Europe produce some magnificent cars, however I am the very proud owner of an American bred machine that cannot be equalled in Europe or Asia for that matter, the fact that I have an unguarded admiration for some foreign automobiles is never the less insufficient reason for me to immediately move back, sorry to disappoint - now go get a pulse.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You know Upton 7, just as I was composing my response to your initial comments, I anticipated exactly the response you have provided, perhaps you don't realize that rudeness is the first resort of the ignorant. I have no immediate intention of "Moving Back", again I am proud to live LEGALLY in your wonderful country, I pay all of my dues & have asked for nothing other than the opportunity to continue to make my way in life, I have lived in three states & largely been welcomed by all that I meet with, very few carry your insular attitude. My country also has it's share of small minded, ignorant, parochial, idiots who assume that the rest of the world has little to offer - remind you of any one ?. So I say again Europe produce some magnificent cars, however I am the very proud owner of an American bred machine that cannot be equalled in Europe or Asia for that matter, the fact that I have an unguarded admiration for some foreign automobiles is never the less insufficient reason for me to immediately move back, sorry to disappoint - now go get a pulse.
Oh i didn't tell u to move back just because your from there anyone that tells me how much better foriegn cars are than american i just tell them to move there. I'm not being racist if i came off that way (towards cars i am tho)
Old 04-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
Oh i didn't tell u to move back just because your from there anyone that tells me how much better foriegn cars are than american i just tell them to move there. I'm not being racist if i came off that way (towards cars i am tho)
Will you guys quit the cat fighting? BTW its not 'racist' but discriminative.

Back on topic please.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, Everything i have heard new on the 2010 mustang is overkill.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

English Paul - You're forgetting Lotus, I've seen a few of those up close and driving them I would **** my pants they are so low to the ground.

Now I can not be 100% positive since I've never gotten to Europe, but aren't the expensive European cars we know relatively cheap across the pond? By means of the local manufacturers and the increasing Euro, they seem more expensive for us Americans.

OSIRISGUY - Yes forgot Lotus, suprising since I owned one around 1970, fibre glass body spent most of my time tuning the twin carbs, looked a little like the current Miata, lovely little thing, went like **** off a brick or @ least seemed to. Well European cars are not cheap, depends where you are, certainly in rip off UK, where a pricing ring operates they are relatively speaking bloody expensive , before I left people would go across to Belgium/Germany to purchase high spec cars schlep them back & including import duty were still getting a better deal . Prices in Scandinavia would blow your mind where 8 years ago you would pay say $50,000 for a low specced Ford Saloon car (Sweden, Norway, Denmark) Of course with Sterling/Euro strengthening against dollar currently it's a bad deal over here, but that can change.

Will you guys quit the cat fighting? BTW its not 'racist' but discriminative.

Back on topic please.

Yes you are right Saleenfiend, I was getting out of control - love you Upton 7, want you to have my babies apologies for strong arming it a bit xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
love you Upton 7, want you to have my babies xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness

I'm gonna say their new stability management system which you cannot turn on and off while in motion.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

wow ur wierd paul
Old 04-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Upton ,NO I'm just English our sense of humour differs to yours no offence intended it WAS just a joke.

Have a nice day Y'all
Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

yea they need to get away from stabability stuff and make it more hands on~ dont take away what makes it fun to begin with. Safety is one thing but you should be able to turn it all off when you want.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #61

Region: Texas

I have to agree with what has been said about the back up camera. I traded in a Prius for a 2010 Mustang and the Prius had a back up camera. Nice gadget but I spent more time looking through the back window and my mirrors. The only real value a back up camera has is if there is something sticking up out of the ground that can't be seen by looking out the window or mirrors. I also can't see paying $2000 extra for a glass roof.
Xena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

they need more performance options~ thats my main issue and weight reduction
Old 05-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

What's up with the whole if you have a glass room you can't have the upgraded rear end?
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 05-26-2009, 05:51 AM   #64

I think backup camera is good.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

sometimes they have odd options that cancel out each other, no idea why~ unless they want the performance package to be performance and the glass roof hurts that
Old 07-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #66

I like the Sync, hate Microsoft (Linux user here ). My '10 vert did not come with the backup camera. I don't feel slighted at all, lol. I read in the manual where if you have the backup camera but did not opt for the nav package, the image will show in your REARVIEW MIRROR, wtf? I do like the interior lighting options. Will have to wait a few more weeks before I get to drive and explore the car again.
n2dabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Back up camera is retarded for any car
Someone backed out of their driveway and straight into my driver's side door... Pushed the door in and broke my mirror housing.

People who need backup cameras might be retarded, but I say let 'em have 'em. My wallet will thank you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT