BOosted 2.3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
BOosted 2.3

I have a n/a 2.3 and I have a stock turbo setup off a 88 turbo coupe and was wondering can my block handle that
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 324
Depends how many lbs of boost you wanna run.
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22
Depends how many lbs of boost you wanna run.
Like 6-10 it has a 100k miles on it
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I know it's not the same kinda block but I've got a '89 240sx KA24E with stock internals and a CXracing turbo kit making 7lbs. of boost. It's got 244,000 miles on it. I have had no problems. I put it on when the car had just over 200,000 miles about 2 years ago.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I know it's not the same kinda block but I've got a '89 240sx KA24E with stock internals and a CXracing turbo kit making 7lbs. of boost. It's got 244,000 miles on it. I have had no problems. I put it on when the car had just over 200,000 miles about 2 years ago.
Can you even notice 7lbs?. I mean is it worth the risk?
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
It makes a huge difference. I don't know what kinda numbers it's making, I've never put it on a dyno but I can keep up with my buddies '04 GT. I think stock my car was making about 110hp. I'd say it was worth it to me. If I were to ever blow that motor I could always pick up another for less then a couple hundred bucks. You'll be happy being boosted.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
It makes a huge difference. I don't know what kinda numbers it's making, I've never put it on a dyno but I can keep up with my buddies '04 GT. I think stock my car was making about 110hp. I'd say it was worth it to me. If I were to ever blow that motor I could always pick up another for less then a couple hundred bucks. You'll be happy being boosted.
Yea like I said its a stock setup off a turbo coupe , so it should be ok the only thing different are my pistons
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Just spend 500 for a complete turbo motor
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
I think it'd be fine.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
I'm runnin 400hp on. Stock bttom end but mine has forged internals
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
I'm runnin 400hp on. Stock bttom end but mine has forged internals
Yea . What all does your setup consist of I'd be happy with 275-300 hp?
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Header 3 in downpipe 58mm turbo 60 lb injectors mega squirt ecu ranger roller cam esslinger cam gear ported lower intake rotated upper intake front mounted inner cooler. 2 and a half in exhaust and a bov have more I think I just can't think right now lol

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

And I ported the hell out of my head and got a 5 angle vavlv job I would recimend qanyone with stock heads get it it helps alot
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
Header 3 in downpipe 58mm turbo 60 lb injectors mega squirt ecu ranger roller cam esslinger cam gear ported lower intake rotated upper intake front mounted inner cooler. 2 and a half in exhaust and a bov have more I think I just can't think right now lol

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

And I ported the hell out of my head and got a 5 angle vavlv job I would recimend qanyone with stock heads get it it helps alot
So for me to get the hp numbers I want what do u recommend
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Front mounted inner cooler stocker turo off a 4cyl cummins injectors fuel pump ranger roller cam port the head 5 angle vavlve job bigger valves. And a dyno tune
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
Front mounted inner cooler stocker turo off a 4cyl cummins injectors fuel pump ranger roller cam port the head 5 angle vavlve job bigger valves. And a dyno tune
How much u think that all would cost bc I'm not wanting to spend more then 2 grand
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Hard to tell

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I just went to swap meets and ebay for mine I think I got about 1500 in mine but I got a lot of it gave for me
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
Hard to tell

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I just went to swap meets and ebay for mine I think I got about 1500 in mine but I got a lot of it gave for me
So u think that stock turbo coupe setup is worth putting on?
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
No a stock svo. Is wayy better
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
No a stock svo. Is wayy better
See everyone says turbo coupes are better
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Computers are beter on the turbo coupe but the turbo is etter on the svo the turbocoupes have a lot smaller turbo
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
Computers are beter on the turbo coupe but the turbo is etter on the svo the turbocoupes have a lot smaller turbo
Will I see any power increase
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
About 200. If nothin don to it
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
About 200. If nothin don to it
And u think my stock block will b ok?
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94black5.0

And u think my stock block will b ok?
And I was wondering what do I do about my oil feed lines?
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
The stock block with the svo forged internals is pretty much industuctible
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
The stock block with the svo forged internals is pretty much industuctible
Yea u can stock svo pistins for like 60bucks a piece. But I'm still wondering what about the oil feed lines?
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Idk m 15 my dad ean mine for mebut mine is a accual turbo motor ill take a pic of mine and post it

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Omg I hate spell check I said my dad ran mine I'm 15 but ill take some pics mine is a accual turbo motor
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
Idk m 15 my dad ean mine for mebut mine is a accual turbo motor ill take a pic of mine and post it

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Omg I hate spell check I said my dad ran mine I'm 15 but ill take some pics mine is a accual turbo motor
Ok cool
__________________
Burn rubber not your soul
94black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bily Pepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 72
How much is a svo turbo for the 2.3??
Bily Pepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
100-200. Finding one shouldnt be hard
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a 2.3 guru please lol Dancobra75 2.3 Mustang 31 12-27-2011 12:57 PM
Boosted 5.0 Brett Greene 2011-2014 Mustang GT 8 11-28-2011 10:35 AM
turbo off a 2.3 Thunderbird engine mustangg2000 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 11-22-2011 02:43 PM
93 mustang lx 2.3 swap mustanglx 2.3 Mustang 2 11-18-2011 02:29 AM
2.3 swap to v8 footiie 2.3 Mustang 4 11-15-2011 04:15 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.