5 lug swap? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
5 lug swap?

I've been half considering doing a 5 lug swap on my mustang,so I am looking for opinions, and help pointing me in the right direction

Thanks!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You can get the sn95 rear end . Or you can just take off whole brake assembly and swap over wit a lil modding . Google it
itsA4cylBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsA4cylBro
You can get the sn95 rear end . Or you can just take off whole brake assembly and swap over wit a lil modding . Google it
OK, will the sn 95 rear end fit with out modifying my suspension?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah straight bolt on

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Suspension from 87- 04 or 02 all fit
Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yeah straight bolt on

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Suspension from 87- 04 or 02 all fit
OK cool thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I've been wanting to do all this . Front spindles and rear end but I don't the feds.lol

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Btw I'm 19 lol lied earlier my cousin wrote it for me didn't notice what he really put so I'm lookin for a.job right now
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yeah I've been wanting to do all this . Front spindles and rear end but I don't the feds.lol

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Btw I'm 19 lol lied earlier my cousin wrote it for me didn't notice what he really put so I'm lookin for a.job right now
Oh yeah money is my problem too! I'm just trying to see what is involved and what money I'd be looking at, cousins are good for that! Lol
Old 10-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah lol I did my research in it already when I was 17
Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
If you can wait til winter ill be doing my 5 lug swap and will start a thread on it. I've got a sn95 rear axle, front spindles, rotors, calipers, brake lines, booster and master cylinder. Still need a proportioning valve.

By all means its pretty simple but will require some down time with your stang to get everything swapped in.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Cheap way is mark VII rotors which limit you on what wheels will fit with the center caps and 2 drivers side ford ranger axle shafts that are on a ranger with 9" rear brakes I believe that will let you keep the rear drums you have just need new 5 lug drums.

Also can't forget the cost of wheels and those extra lug nuts

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
If you can wait til winter ill be doing my 5 lug swap and will start a thread on it. I've got a sn95 rear axle, front spindles, rotors, calipers, brake lines, booster and master cylinder. Still need a proportioning valve.

By all means its pretty simple but will require some down time with your stang to get everything swapped in.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Cheap way is mark VII rotors which limit you on what wheels will fit with the center caps and 2 drivers side ford ranger axle shafts that are on a ranger with 9" rear brakes I believe that will let you keep the rear drums you have just need new 5 lug drums.

Also can't forget the cost of wheels and those extra lug nuts
OK yeah I'm not really in a rush, look forward to it
Old 10-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If your gonna use the 4cyl spindles you need to use Ranger rotors. Mark VII are the same size as the later Fox V8, just in 5 lug (Mark VII parts bin is where Ford got the 4 wheel disc brakes for the SVO) You need the V8 spindles (90 and up IIRC) if you want the larger rotors. I had a line on the V8 spindles for my 93 last fall when I did brakes because I wanted bigger brakes, and had tentative plans to to a V8 swap eventually.
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc1006
If your gonna use the 4cyl spindles you need to use Ranger rotors. Mark VII are the same size as the later Fox V8, just in 5 lug (Mark VII parts bin is where Ford got the 4 wheel disc brakes for the SVO) You need the V8 spindles (90 and up IIRC) if you want the larger rotors. I had a line on the V8 spindles for my 93 last fall when I did brakes because I wanted bigger brakes, and had tentative plans to to a V8 swap eventually.
Cool thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang