Mustang Evolution Forum banner

5 lug swap?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  93mstnglx 
#1 ·
I've been half considering doing a 5 lug swap on my mustang,so I am looking for opinions, and help pointing me in the right direction

Thanks!

#6 ·
Yeah I've been wanting to do all this . Front spindles and rear end but I don't the feds.lol

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Btw I'm 19 lol lied earlier my cousin wrote it for me didn't notice what he really put so I'm lookin for a.job right now

#7 ·
itsA4cylBro said:
Yeah I've been wanting to do all this . Front spindles and rear end but I don't the feds.lol

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Btw I'm 19 lol lied earlier my cousin wrote it for me didn't notice what he really put so I'm lookin for a.job right now
Oh yeah money is my problem too! I'm just trying to see what is involved and what money I'd be looking at, cousins are good for that! Lol

#9 ·
If you can wait til winter ill be doing my 5 lug swap and will start a thread on it. I've got a sn95 rear axle, front spindles, rotors, calipers, brake lines, booster and master cylinder. Still need a proportioning valve.

By all means its pretty simple but will require some down time with your stang to get everything swapped in.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Cheap way is mark VII rotors which limit you on what wheels will fit with the center caps and 2 drivers side ford ranger axle shafts that are on a ranger with 9" rear brakes I believe that will let you keep the rear drums you have just need new 5 lug drums.

Also can't forget the cost of wheels and those extra lug nuts :D

#10 ·
90mustangLX said:
If you can wait til winter ill be doing my 5 lug swap and will start a thread on it. I've got a sn95 rear axle, front spindles, rotors, calipers, brake lines, booster and master cylinder. Still need a proportioning valve.

By all means its pretty simple but will require some down time with your stang to get everything swapped in.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Cheap way is mark VII rotors which limit you on what wheels will fit with the center caps and 2 drivers side ford ranger axle shafts that are on a ranger with 9" rear brakes I believe that will let you keep the rear drums you have just need new 5 lug drums.

Also can't forget the cost of wheels and those extra lug nuts :D
OK yeah I'm not really in a rush, look forward to it

#11 · (Edited)
If your gonna use the 4cyl spindles you need to use Ranger rotors. Mark VII are the same size as the later Fox V8, just in 5 lug (Mark VII parts bin is where Ford got the 4 wheel disc brakes for the SVO) You need the V8 spindles (90 and up IIRC) if you want the larger rotors. I had a line on the V8 spindles for my 93 last fall when I did brakes because I wanted bigger brakes, and had tentative plans to to a V8 swap eventually.

#12 ·
etc1006 said:
If your gonna use the 4cyl spindles you need to use Ranger rotors. Mark VII are the same size as the later Fox V8, just in 5 lug (Mark VII parts bin is where Ford got the 4 wheel disc brakes for the SVO) You need the V8 spindles (90 and up IIRC) if you want the larger rotors. I had a line on the V8 spindles for my 93 last fall when I did brakes because I wanted bigger brakes, and had tentative plans to to a V8 swap eventually.
Cool thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.