Mustang Evolution Forum banner

ranger roller cam ques

3K views 47 replies 6 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
What year exactly for the ranger roller cams? And the header?

#33 ·
Yeah, wash your hands when you are finished. ;)

If they have a one piece silicone or rubber gasket for your pan it will seal up much better than the old cork gaskets.
Use high heat engine paint and make sure it is pretty clean before painting.

#35 ·
:lol: Glad you enjoyed it, sometimes my attempts at humor are not well received. ;)

If you are doing a resto then I would stay with the factory color.
If that's not the case then any color you wish.
I favor a thin coat of black myself because I read years ago that it helps dissipate heat better. :good:

#39 ·
Sure they are, it's half of a 4.6 isn't it. ;) :good:
Go back with the orange or a Ford light or dark blue to make it stand out more. A dark blue with chrome/silver accents would look good. :good:

And black really takes the heat down?
No, it helps dissipate the heat faster. Now that could lower temps or it may not. It all depends upon your engine and cooling system, it's not a miracle cure for an overheating system. :good:

#38 ·
Trojan Horse said:
:lol: Glad you enjoyed it, sometimes my attempts at humor are not well received. ;)

If you are doing a resto then I would stay with the factory color.
If that's not the case then any color you wish.
I favor a thin coat of black myself because I read years ago that it helps dissipate heat better. :good:
Black will help dissipate heat faster than other colors. To set backs is 1. To me I don't think looks as cool 2. If you have an oil leak that sob is is gonna be harder to find.

#40 ·
True.
1. It's not cool it's hot!
2. Oil leaks are easy, look for the wet spot. ;)

#42 ·
Supposed and close to chrome paints, but the supposed isn't even close and the close to is around $800 a quart.

I meant some real chrome accents, valve cover, header, alternator, pulleys, etc., etc..

#46 ·
#48 ·
:cool: That should seal it up. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.