Ignition system problems? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #1

karl00 is unknown around these parts
Ignition system problems?

I have a 93 2.3 all stock i bought for a grand. It had been working fine untill one day I noticed I would be driving and it would completely shut off for half a second then turn right back on to where it was. I then fixed my Egr that was bad anyway. Then a couple days later my car decided that just the shut off then back on was not enough, and decided to die completely. There is no sputter when it does this I will just be driving and it will die. Sometimes as I am decellerating. Sometimes it fires right back up sometimes it takes about half a minute. Everything I thought was TFI. Took this off went and had them run the test about 10 times with no problems. Also tested good with multimeter. Next i probed my coil packs and realized someone had put two coils backward. I fixed these car still dies. Recently through poking around and what not I realized the vacuum hose going into the egr from the charcoal canister has no vacuum at all. Is this normal? any suggestions anyone im stuck and dont watn to take a thousand dollar car to the shop.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #2

jpounders5.0 is unknown around these parts
could your fuel pump possibly be cutting off or maybe your maf sensor is screwing up? Sorry if these aren't logical answers but maybe a possibility

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang