Mustang svo blower? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang svo blower?

ok so i want a supercharger but if you own a 99-04 gt you know that you have to buy a 2v compatible s/c, so i was looking on craigslist and a guy says he has a svo s/c for 99-04gt's 2v, now i never herd of svo making them for 2v 99-04 gts so my question is do they? and if so will it go on a stock 00gt 2v, and will it be safe, OR will i need to go get the motor messed with, this guy is saleing it for 1200 wich is real good at least to me, but their is a Magnuson MP112 wich sounds perfect wich comes with everything you need , the svo is only the blower i think, i think if it does fit i can buy the rest of the stuff and keep it under 3599 what the mp112cost, just asking for advice guys, im trying to save money but if i need to spend even more for a better system i will,....thanks!
caius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang svo blower?

Your present Mustangs computer is not programed to run the blower upgrade, so no this would not work.

Further more if you transmission is not capable of holding the HP upgrades you plan to do, you will just burn your transmission up.

Truthfully, for @ $500 you could simply change the rear differential ring and pinion gear to a 4:11 ratio and have lightning bottom end speed with your present HP.

Sorry but your present computers air/fuel mapping limits is for non-asperated engines.

Try learning about Mustangs at : www.ClickClickRacing.com
imported_cleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang svo blower?

$1200 for a blower? I, like you, have never heard of svo (which hasn't been svo for some time now) making a 2 valve blower. And if they did, for 1200 I'd be VERY skeptical. Go with the MP112.
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang svo blower?

Off top of my head I dont know if it will work. I guess I could google it or look it up at some magazine site but Im too lazy.
Anyways, with the lazy approach, and safe approach at the same time, i would suggest going with the MP112. It comes with everything you need, 1 stop shop right there, YOU KNOW IT WORKS, so no question with that, and it sounds like you can handle the 3600 bucks. Just seems like a safer deal to me. Up to you though. I would play it safe however.
yitzchak8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang