Radiator fan not working, 84 mustang svo turbo? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Radiator fan not working, 84 mustang svo turbo?

I JUST PURCHASED A 1984 MUSTANG SVO TURBO HATCHBACK, BECAUSE IT LOOKS SO FAST AND COOL, THE RADIATOR FAN WONT COME ON. THE CAR TAKES AWHILE TO HEAT UP. THE FAN WILL NOT TURN ON WHEN IT GETS HOT. HELP
Arleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I had the same problem with mine when I got it, try turning on the AC or defroster, this should force it on.. if that doesn't work, Your AC system may be low on fluid and it is interconnected to the fan and can prevent it from working..

this is what I did....I put a bypass clip in the AC low pressure switch and then upplugged the compressor so it would not come on and be ruined..

Or you can just put a manual switch on the fan..

You can still drive it, just try to keep it over 25 mph, No idling around or long stops with the engine running.. and keep a eye on the temp gauge..
nels91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #3

there are 2 sensors and a relay that control the fan (crappy design IMO)
one sensor is in the cooling system and activates the fan relay when the engine gets hot,
the other sensor is attached to the A/C clutch circuit and activates the fan relay whenever the A/C is turned on.
if the fan doesn't come on at all it could be a bad relay or a bad fan motor or the less likely possibility that both sensors are bad.
EDIT
i am mistaken the A/C circuit is directly "tied" to the fan relay , the 2nd sensor i was thinking about goes to the temp gauge in the dash and has nothing to do with the fan coming on.
Rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

easiest thing is to run a switch to the cab. you just have to run the wires to the switch with a power on one and the wire going to the fan on the other which will complete the circuit. should cost 5 buck for switch and wiring
glendyn52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang