Hardstart hesitation backfiring?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hardstart hesitation backfiring?!

It's been doing this for awhile now and it's getting really annoying! I've changed the ICM, spark plugs, spark plugs wires, coils, and fuel filter and I've also dropped a K&N filter in there. Help me please! It's still really hard to start it fires for about a second and then dies if you don't pulse the gas. When it warms up it runs at about 2k then drops to about 1500 the to normal. They when I start driving it hesitates like a mofo my gas mileage sucks and idk I'm really frustrated. Help please
5litereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Check the fuel regulator. The regulator might be broken internally. Get the car on and remove the vacuum Hose that goes on the fuel regulator. If fuel come out of that hose or out of the regulator.
itsA4cylBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Try distributor cap and rotor too and make sure the spark plugs are the right ones for your 4 cyl and make sure It has the correct gap on them no matter what if it comes pre gapped. Always always always check before installation. Your fuel pressure might be low . U might be leaking internally in the fuel tank. It has a hose that connects in the fuel tank/ fuel pump assembly it might be old or ripped slightly . It happened to me once,Or also injector can be faulty or clogged, Distributor may be loose, loose connections to your alternator, battery ,distributor and your coil. And I dont mean ur spark plug coil I mean ur connector to your coil. Last but not least check all your vacuum lines this car has too many everywhere make sure they are not cracked ripped or even bent kinked especially on the map sensor . U need perfect vacuum there. Make sure u check ur fender vacuum lines. Mine were chewed up by rats >ยท< mud and leaves and oranges lol had a tree nearby . I probably took like five pounds off lol.
itsA4cylBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ok thank you ill check that but I just changed the Maf sensor and its running near perfect!!!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

It's still hesitates a little bit but not as much thank The Lord!
5litereater is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang