Stalling 4cyl:( plzz help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #1

Region: Florida
Stalling 4cyl:( plzz help

Okay so i have a 1990 2.3 with 75,000miles on it lx ive had a miserable time with the stupid autozone control modules , i finally got a working one that is lasting . Anyway heres my problem it will run perfect when warmed up to operating temp. It makes the poor little car sound garbage in a parking lot or garage. What it does it i will start it then 30 sec or so after it will sputter then stall and i wi repeat the starting and itl probably do it a few more times till it stops spitting and sputtering. It acts like it runs outta gas but then starts right up. Ive changed so much on this car, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, alternator, battery, coil, pick up coil, ignition control module, plugs, wires, distributor and rotor, i have checked the vaccume on the egr and it holds vaccume so the diaphram is good also replaced air bypass valve recently along with coolant temp sensor, air charge sensor and maf sensor, also the fuel pressure is a consistant 30 psi. i also calibrated the tps , and now im stuck i have heard the egr position sensor could be bad but i dont wana play the guessing game with 30$ and then it end up not work, i have heard the egr is all to do with idle so i was leaning towards just spending money and seeing if itl fix it but ive wanted to see what any other person would have thoughts on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1029157776.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	124009  
Mustangowner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Mine is doing the same freaking thing!!!!! I have no idea what it is!!!
5litereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5litereater View Post
Mine is doing the same freaking thing!!!!! I have no idea what it is!!!
What sucks is it makes the car look like a peice of crap whenever i start it:/ im gona go oder the egr positioner and once i have put it on and try it il let you know if that fixes it.
Mustangowner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Try checking on the fuel pump check valve just found out that was the problem -.- and buy a new ECT (engine coolant temperature) sender there like $7 at advance
Old 08-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The ECT should be located on the block on the drivers side on the piston closes to the firewall. It's easier to see it if its in the air. It should have just one wire coming out of it. And the fuel pump check valve is in the tank if I remember right... On the fuel pump.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Wow I feel stupid nvm on the temp sensor

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Just nvm I'm gunna go shoot myself for not reading the description thoroughly.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
The ECT should be located on the block on the drivers side on the piston closes to the firewall. It's easier to see it if its in the air. It should have just one wire coming out of it. And the fuel pump check valve is in the tank if I remember right... On the fuel pump.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Wow I feel stupid nvm on the temp sensor

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Just nvm I'm gunna go shoot myself for not reading the description thoroughly.
Ya ain't gotta shoot yourself over it lol
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol. That's funny! Y not just hit the edit button?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Found the problem with my car!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3708045893.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	124609  
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Found the problem with my car!!!!
Lol
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Check the treadmill the little squirrel runs on for loose nuts. Also check the tensile strength of the rubber bands hooked to it.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang