Can the factory turbo be turned up on boost? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
Can the factory turbo be turned up on boost?

I must say this 4 banger turbo is quite impressive and seems to be bigger news than the 5.0. Does anybody know yet if the factory turbo in the 2015 is maxed out on boost or can you increase the boost on the factory turbo? I'm just wondering besides doing a performance tune, gear swap and some bolt on mods, are we looking at the factory turbo being maxed out for setting its boost? Is someone going to have to buy an aftermarket turbo charger if they want more boost? I've have been told the focus St comes really maxed out on boost so I wonder if this 2.3 is gonna be the same? Does someone know how much boost psi is the factory setting going to be?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
I would imagine that the factory turbo will be able able to handle in the 350-400 HP range with supporting mods minimum. But regardless the whole platform is setup for forced induction so at worst case you buy a bigger turbo and will probable be in the 500 HP range. It will probable be a while until we know your answers for sure as I dont believe any customers have these cars yet or there is much aftermarket available for them.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Usually when they come with a stock turbo, it's boost isn't maxed, they usually keep it lower to stay safe. So you should have room to up the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mustangcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2.3 Mustang