Next upgrade! Advice?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Next upgrade! Advice??

Hey everyone, I've decided to take the next step in modifying my Mach. I've got k&n cold air kit, Diablo predator, mrt shifter, hooker long tubes, o/f x pipe, stock mufflers. 4:10 fr gears, upr n lwer control arms. Cross/slotted rotors. Welded axle tubes. Broke my 28 spine mosiers so I'm going to upgrade to 31 sometime. Besides getting into the motor ( forged internals and cams ect) I'm looking to make some more power. Thinking of buying a accufab throttle body, int spacer. Having my intake manifold honed and polished. Anyone have experience with the accufab. Any opinion is appreciated thanks. ( posted similar threads on other forums and can't get any input.)
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Put a blower on that thing with low boost and that thing will rip! Alot of people do that, and they last quite a while i have heard as long as you are pushing low boost. Lets be honest here thats ultimately what everyone is thinking about anyway.
mi03svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have heard the same. Been looking at a vortech or procharger kit. I think running 6-7 lbs of boost would be fine. Too afraid to go any higher with the higher compression ratio. Then save up for 4.6 aluminator. .
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Theres a guy round here where im from with a mach 1 procharged, that thing is an absolute animal! He has some big money into that thing though. First time i heard it i swore it had twins on it, he pushing some boost to that that thing for sure!
mi03svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I bet it's a beast. Not sure if I want to throw that kind of money at it without rebuilding the bottom end. Anyone have experience with nitrous on the 4.6dohc?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #6

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMach1
Yeah I bet it's a beast. Not sure if I want to throw that kind of money at it without rebuilding the bottom end. Anyone have experience with nitrous on the 4.6dohc?
Local mach here runs a 100 shot wet sprays a lot and the motor is very healthy still after a year
redlinetsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah thinking about going with a system. Just haven't figured out which one lol. Have it tuned and if something does happen to my internals. Well guess it will be time for a motor build...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition