03 Mach 1 Rear end - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #1

Region: Wisconsin
Question 03 Mach 1 Rear end

Can anyone tell me if the axle in the Mach 1 will hold to hard launches at the strip with drag radials. I've seen way to many GT's and cobras snap the stock axles trying to launch the car. Are the Mach 1's just as week? My car is stock for now other than exhaust. I cant launch above 2500 rpm on stock tires without massive wheel spin now and i spin through second too. If the Mach 1 are a little stronger, what rpm's does everyone recomend to launch at with DR's?
Thanks
DSGMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
They are pretty strong. I had a Mach for a year or two and it took about 30 passes or so and never had a issue. Some of my buddy's run a 315 drag radial on 12 flat Mach 1 and no axle issues.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #3

Re: 03 Mach 1 Rear end

Ok. I figured the rear would hold the stock power, but would rather not go to the track and find out the hard way. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I had a jlt intake, 4.10s, a full exhaust with long tube headers, and a tuner. Mine put down 301rwhp and 317 rwtq. I ran 275/40/17s. I miss that car, I will not cry, I will not cry lol
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Machs come with 31 spline axles. i have the same in my rear and leave pretty dang hard. You should be fine.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #6

Re: 03 Mach 1 Rear end

Nice! It definately is a fun car! I plan on short throw, 3.73's, tune, 2010 gt500 staggered rims and eventually procharger. My goal is 11s in the 1/4..

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Thanks. I didn't realize they came with 31 spline. Then i know i wont have any issues.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Machs come with 31 spline axles. i have the same in my rear and leave pretty dang hard. You should be fine.
Are you sure the mach 1 comes with31 spline axles? Everything I have read has said 28 and I haven't had to pull mine apart yet.
kelidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelidd

Are you sure the mach 1 comes with31 spline axles? Everything I have read has said 28 and I haven't had to pull mine apart yet.
According to Car Craft mag (linked article), Ford switched to 31 spline w/larger axel tubes starting in 94. Don't know about that for sure. I could see in the 99 to 04's cause they started upping the HP finally. It's. Long article, but cool.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...d/viewall.html
Old 06-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Hate to burst the bubble but the Machs come with 28 spline from the factory. I upgraded to some Moser 28's and after some abuse at the track. The splines became twisted, stock axles back in now until I can drop the $ on a 31 swap. Some people have had luck on DRs or slicks. Others have not, luck of the draw I guess. I've read some bad stories on M1R. My advice if your planning on hard track launches. Spend the cash on some Moser 31's, 31 diff. (especially if you plan on making big power). At least you'll have peace of mind knowing your' not gonna leave your *** at the starting line.
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMach1
Hate to burst the bubble but the Machs come with 28 spline from the factory. I upgraded to some Mosier 28's and after some abuse at the track. The splines became twisted, stock axles back in now until I can drop the $ on a 31 swap. Some people have had luck on DRs or slicks. Others have not, luck of the draw I guess. I've read some bad stories on M1R. My advice if your planning on hard track launches. Spend the cash on some Mosier 31's, 31 diff. (especially if you plan on making big power). At least you'll have peace of mind knowing your' not gonna leave your *** at the starting line.
Wonder if the 03-04 Cobras had 31 splines axles. That's why I'm not getting DR's until its not my daily driver.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Believe the 03-04's do, not sure about previous model cobras. I'm still up in the air about which 31 diff I want to go with.. Decisions decisions lol.
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition