Startup occasionally sluggish, normal? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Startup occasionally sluggish, normal?

Okay, 95% of the time I start my Mach, VROOM! No probs nice and clean and consistent. The other ~5%, it will go VR..oom, like it's bogging at startup. And this usually happens after I've driven it somewhere and shutoff the car for a few mins to an hour. Then, the next time, VROOM! no probs. I have changed the plugs (Motorcraft) and the fuel filter recently, but that hasn't changed this occasional prob at all. Should I worry about this?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Okay, 95% of the time I start my Mach, VROOM! No probs nice and clean and consistent. The other ~5%, it will go VR..oom, like it's bogging at startup. And this usually happens after I've driven it somewhere and shutoff the car for a few mins to an hour. Then, the next time, VROOM! no probs. I have changed the plugs (Motorcraft) and the fuel filter recently, but that hasn't changed this occasional prob at all. Should I worry about this?
It might just be the temp? I would check all your wires for your air intake sounds like your MAF may be miss reading at times get some MAF cleaner and electrical wire cleaner and see if that helps..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac

It might just be the temp? I would check all your wires for your air intake sounds like your MAF may be miss reading at times get some MAF cleaner and electrical wire cleaner and see if that helps..
Cleaning the MAF w/MAF cleaner, do you spray it directly or apply with a Q tip or something like that?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
TtownMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Cleaning the MAF w/MAF cleaner, do you spray it directly or apply with a Q tip or something like that?
Spray directly but a gentle stream. Try not to blast the sensor up close. Cleaned my maf with this back when I changed the plugs. Seemed to do it's job I was having some slight start up/idle issues. Make sure to let the sensor dry before reinstalling. Hope this helps man
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1367355590.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	483.9 KB
ID:	54251  
__________________
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMach1

Spray directly but a gentle stream. Try not to blast the sensor up close. Cleaned my maf with this back when I changed the plugs. Seemed to do it's job I was having some slight start up/idle issues. Make sure to let the sensor dry before reinstalling. Hope this helps man
Cool, thanks man! I'll give that a try. Do you need to do anything with throttle body at certain mileage intervals?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
TtownMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 158
No problem! As to the throttle body I'm not 100% sure. BG also makes this for t-body/intake (top right of picture). I haven't tried it yet, but I hear nothing except good things about it from the techs at work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2757004191.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	472.5 KB
ID:	54253  
__________________
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:26 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.