Mach 1 upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Mach 1 upgrades

I'm looking to upgrade my Mach what would be the best upgrades for the money thanks
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Short throw shifter is a relatively cheap mod and will make the car a helluva lot more fun to drive. I'd recommend MGW. This is assuming you're stick.

Exhaust is a must if you don't already have it. Look up different setupd on YouTube to see what you like. You could get an offload h or x pipe and then a cat back system that you like.

You could also get a tune to free up some HP and make her faster. If your auto the shift times will be tuned too.

Both of these mods will make the car more fun, cooler, louder, more enjoyable and are definitely worthwhile

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
DutchManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I have a short thow and a JLT intake. I'm saving up for Bassani exhaust. I'd look into a tune if I were you and probably 4:10s.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What mods do you currently have
Old 09-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I went with D.S.S pro mod iron block 5.0stroker with 7cc dish tops to up my compression and a PRO 5.0short throw BBK twin 65mm throttlebody JLT cold air ram intake BBK long tube headers BBK shorty Xpipe and Magna Flow MagnaPak exhaust BBK upper lower control arms H&R race springs and finally a YOUKON locker with FORD RACING3.73gears and staggered FR500 wheels with black finish. But that is over $12,000 in mods over 7yrs(not including custom tuning costs) i HIGHLY suggest the header back exhaust and cold air intake though they will make your Mach come ALIVE and when you see the size of the stock exhaust manifolds you will understand why. Hahaha. Good luck on the mods and hit me up if you have questions cause ALL the work me and 2friends did in a garage.
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My Mach is jlt cai, bama tune, jba o/r H (awesome quality, fit and sound) to flow master catback (44 series). For power I out down a touch over 300 to the wheels. I have a steeda tri-ax shifter which i love! Best mod is the shifter. I have also lowered the car wit the full eibach pro kit. The sway bars are the biggest upgrade there to be honest. After that the best mod is tires. I love the car and the setup. Gets lots of compliments on the exhaust too. I love the offroad H sound!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
My Mach is jlt cai, bama tune, jba o/r H (awesome quality, fit and sound) to flow master catback (44 series). For power I out down a touch over 300 to the wheels. I have a steeda tri-ax shifter which i love! Best mod is the shifter. I have also lowered the car wit the full eibach pro kit. The sway bars are the biggest upgrade there to be honest. After that the best mod is tires. I love the car and the setup. Gets lots of compliments on the exhaust too. I love the offroad H sound!
I went back and fourth on a "H" or "X" and settled on the "X" whats the sound like out of the "H" and i want sway bars and a "K" member with tubular "A" arms next. Are the Eibach sways better quality than Steeda?
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The best seat of the pants for the money is gears. Just put 4.10's in my '01 Bullitt along with an SCT programmer and the results are nothing short of incredible. After that I'd go the exhaust route. SN95 cars had crap H-pipes all around.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the help everybody I think I'm going to get a short shifter and a tuner 4,10s to start. again thanks for the help o and do any of you think it's worth it to get a aluminum drive shaft?
Old 09-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
What mods do you currently have
I don't have many just started to upgrade I just put on some sve tubular control arms I have strait pipes with cats but I'm shopping around for the right exhaust it's lowered in the front about 1 an 3/4 the rear is not lowered yet for the reason I'm putting street radials on and I want to see how much room I have

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition