Mach 1 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Mach 1

I'm getting closer to buying a Mach 1. I've seen all different kinds of mileage numbers. What's a good mileage number to be looking for? And is there anything else I should look for / stay away from?
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I say, the lower mileage, the better. Granted, they'll be more expensive. But, if you're buying a special car like a Mach, why not spring for a good one? I personally wouldn't buy one with more than 60k on it. And if possible, try to find one with the least amount of work done to it. Less chances of abuse, and less chance of a young kid having it, and beatin' the tar out of it.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I take a different approach, look the car over throughly. Often, an enthusiast owned car will be much better maintained than someone who just paddled about in it. I also look for tasteful modifications, high quality rubber, and interior cleanliness are all good factors to think about. I also recommend going low mileage if possible, but I bought my Mach with just about 100k miles on the chassis and about 35k on the replaced engine. Also, look for service history!
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I say, the lower mileage, the better. Granted, they'll be more expensive. But, if you're buying a special car like a Mach, why not spring for a good one? I personally wouldn't buy one with more than 60k on it. And if possible, try to find one with the least amount of work done to it. Less chances of abuse, and less chance of a young kid having it, and beatin' the tar out of it.
That's what I've been looking for. The mach will strictly be a weekend/nice weather car. Wasnt sure on a good mileage. Ideally I'm looking for under 70k. And I want as close to stock as possible. I want to be able to do mods myself and have fun with it.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
I take a different approach, look the car over throughly. Often, an enthusiast owned car will be much better maintained than someone who just paddled about in it. I also look for tasteful modifications, high quality rubber, and interior cleanliness are all good factors to think about. I also recommend going low mileage if possible, but I bought my Mach with just about 100k miles on the chassis and about 35k on the replaced engine. Also, look for service history!
So high mileage isn't necessarily too critical?
Old 11-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
+1
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: California
I want to know how many of you guys buy a car for "nice weather/weekends" and actually keep it that way lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
I want to know how many of you guys buy a car for "nice weather/weekends" and actually keep it that way lol
I bought mine thinking that but I just want to drive it all the time lol but drive my truck a lot more now since I'm modding my car this winter
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Mines been a nice weather driver. I fire it up every few days bc she sounds like a beast. It currently has 11500 miles. You can find some that still smell new inside like mine even though they are 10years old. Find a one owner, make sure all the body lines are straight, look for over spray from recent paint jobs, if you have a bad feeling about the car walk away. The fewer mods the better. I did pay a lot for mine bc of the low mileage but it's what I wanted and it was worth it.
jlowe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I always take another person with me when I go look at a car, for several reasons. First, four eyes are better that just 2. Then it is always good to have some security- there's a lot of bad people out there.... Lastly, that person could be the voice of reason when your emotions say "YES!" but common sense says, "Whoa, big fella!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition