Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Let's see your Mach 1

17K views 114 replies 29 participants last post by  Recon 
#1 ·
I know there is now several Mach 1 owners on ME. Let's see them!

Show us some pics.
Tell us what you've done.
Tell us your plans for the future.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:

See less See more
#2 ·
I call her Lorraine

2004 azure blue Mach 1 and she has just about 55k miles now. She had a little over 34k miles when I bought her in 2012. Here's what I've done so far...

Previous owner...
•Cobra mirrors
•3.73 gears
•Mach 1 fender badges
•Billet aluminum steering wheel buttons
•JLT fender CAI (did not use shaker)
•Flowmaster muffler delete cat back (just tips basically)
•Bullitt wheels
•Mach 1 gas door

What I've done...
•JLT next gen CAI (uses shaker)
•AFS Mac black 17x9 wheels all around.
•FS/3 SCT tuner with Bama tune
•New TR3650 tranny (from warranty)
•Rebuilt 8.8 Traction-Lok rearend with 3.55 gears (from warranty)
•Custom azure blue shifter knob
•SVE ultra clear fog lights
•JBA off road H midpipe
•Borla S-type (Stingers) cat back

I think that's it.

Here's some with the Bullitts...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Automotive tire

And some more recent ones...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Blue

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:

#3 ·
I got my 03 last year with 54,000 previous owner only did a muffler delete since I've owned it Flowmaster American thunder cat back
mac o/r H pipe
Ford racing 4.10s
jlt intake
SR lowering springs
Steeda strut tower brace
Staggered 18in fr500s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Well I have one but I can't get my damn tablet to post pics. See sig for a craptacular pic.

04 Azure blue 5spd with IUP, 60k miles, (58k when I bought her in June).

Prev owner:
Cat delete with flow master 40's, C&L intake, Diablosport tunes, 18x9 Saleens

My mods:
Plastic dipped saleens and new MAF lol

I'd be surprised if any more mach 1 owners post..over the years there's never really been a huge mach 1 presence on the site.

There's another guy with a black Mach with green graphics but that's about it for active members.

#23 ·
Lookin' good! How do you like the new rotors and brake pads? I've got cheapo pads on mine.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

I must say azure u have one of the cleanest mach's ive seen ur ig us full of it

The PowerShift Team.

Dang, sorry. Just saw your post. Thank you! :thumb:

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

#27 ·
I finally got my 40th anniversary badges on. My aftermarket Mach 1 badges were looking pretty faded lately. I love the look, even though it's just the stock badges.

View attachment 174926

Here's the old ones...
View attachment 174927

Now we know your an 04!! Looks good . Just saw a white one yesterday. I love that the circle badging distinguishes 99's and 04's, just taught my kids that

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#30 ·
My dad just picked up an '03 5-speed. Bone stock and totally unmolested. It drives like a new car too I can't believe how nice it is, it makes me wanna sell my GT for a mach.

Sent from my XT1095 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

#34 · (Edited)
So I've found a black mach for sale in my area. I haven't looked at it yet. Just want to get you guys opinions on the cars. I know they're awesome performance wise. I just want to know if there's anything I need to check while looking at it. Or you guys have had any issues with your cars so far. Last Mach owner I knew sold his a few years ago. I'm pretty sure it's an 03; I didn't see the 40th anniversary emblem on it.

Adventure till you drop

#35 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sports car

Purchased From original Owner 6months ago, Bought her In Pretty Much Show Room Only 52k miles Never Once abused,
Recently Did Some Tasty Mods, Jlt Rai Ford Racing Udp
MRT O/R H pipe,
Bassani CatBack 4:10 Gears, Mild street tune for 93Octane Steeda tri ax And Mt Drag Radials, Love This Car Owned A Builltt In the Past And I can say i hated it, this car is a beast Soon To Be Nx Car!

The PowerShift Team.

#37 ·
View attachment 185095 View attachment 185096 View attachment 185097

Purchased From original Owner 6months ago, Bought her In Pretty Much Show Room Only 52k miles Never Once abused,
Recently Did Some Tasty Mods, Jlt Rai Ford Racing Udp
MRT O/R H pipe,
Bassani CatBack 4:10 Gears, Mild street tune for 93Octane Steeda tri ax And Mt Drag Radials, Love This Car Owned A Builltt In the Past And I can say i hated it, this car is a beast Soon To Be Nx Car!

The PowerShift Team.

Beautiful! :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#36 · (Edited)
03 Mach 1. 215k km

JLT intake.
Sct tuned
JBA mid pipe H o/r

Eibach pro plus kit
Cc plates
Bumpsteer kit

Fays 2 watts link
Stifflers fit system
Stifflers K member brace
Stifflers spider brace
Stifflers strut tower brace (yes, with the JLT Intake. It's tight but it fits with the shaker raised a quarter inch.)

T56 Magnum transmission
Fidanza alum flywheel
Clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster etc.
I beat on it till it brakes, then upgrade it, and repeat. I really like the new trans.

Car ran 13.4 @ 104 in too much heat @ 5600ft. That was the old trans though. Plans for the next year are to build the rear end (torsen t2 diff, 31 spline axles) and seriously upgrade the brakes. Couple years from now I'll do an engine swap maybe. Or not... Also agent 41

Drilled /slotted rotors,
SS brake lines.

Corbeau lg1w seats.

Some other stuff to probably...

#40 · (Edited)
Haven't been on the site for a while but I have managed to snap some pics since getting the car out. First full summer for the car since I bought it and it's a blast to drive. Just an awesome ride after proper tuning, drop, and 31 spline overall with the 4.10's.

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 with 63k miles (had 58k when I bought it last June)

Previous Owner
Flowmaster 40's, C&L Intake and 18" Saleens

Current
SR Lowering Springs ~ 1.75" drop with no isos
dyno tuned for 91 octane
Moser 31 spline street/strip axles
FRPP 31 Spline Tlok w/ carbon discs (Terminator/GT500 diff.)
FRPP 4.10's
Tri Ax short throw in the mail

Saving up for FI in a year, probably Procharger on low boost, though after seeing 2 machs at the shop where I got my car tuned with blown mills I may invest in some forged rods etc first. Probably do long tubes before then, would love cams but damn after parts/labor there's half of the procharger lol.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Most recent pic I took 2 days ago after installing the new chin spoiler

[URL=http://s884.photobucket.com/user/bw232/media/mach%201%20front_zpsfauooemz.jpg.html]

#41 ·
She's looking good! At first, I thought I'd go with that ProCharger kit that uses the shaker system as my future mod. I just feel like it's a problem waiting to happen when it comes to boost with these Mach engines. If you keep the boost super low, like 6lbs, then it kinda like your blowing your money.

My future power mods are going to be custom grind cams, ported intake, long tube headers, and a good dyno tune. I'm told it should be easy to get in the 350-360rwhp range with this setup. I would be very happy with that setup. I'm going to try to start buying stuff over the next couple years and leave the ported intake as the last thing I do. With that power and the sound will be perfect for what I'm looking for.

#42 · (Edited)
She's looking good! At first, I thought I'd go with that ProCharger kit that uses the shaker system as my future mod. I just feel like it's a problem waiting to happen when it comes to boost with these Mach engines. If you keep the boost super low, like 6lbs, then it kinda like your blowing your money.

My future power mods are going to be custom grind cams, ported intake, long tube headers, and a good dyno tune. I'm told it should be easy to get in the 350-360rwhp range with this setup. I would be very happy with that setup. I'm going to try to start buying stuff over the next couple years and leave the ported intake as the last thing I do. With that power and the sound will be perfect for what I'm looking for.

Yah that's an expensive way to make 350rwhp but probably safer compared to FI on the stock internals. I will probably do long tubes next season and really want to do cams but am having a hard time getting past the install cost.

Installing 96-98 cobra cams myself wouldn't be bad if I wasn't going to time and advance them but then what's the point right?

So I might just get over not having a mean lope and some gains from cams and put that coin towards some forged rods for FI down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.