Help! Lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2015, 01:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Help! Lol

Hey guys I'm new to this site and the world of mustangs to be honest with ya, I just bought one 4 days ago and the check engine light went on and the Ford racing tuner that came with the car said the air/fuel ratio is off balance.... Now this is not EXCATLY a roush or a shelby but kinda a combination of both oddly... It's a really rare model built by Ford racing.... It's a 2013 gt premium with a shelby gt500 suspension and Springs and the whipple supercharger 2.3 safe tuned by Ford with a roush intake.... I know weird and has 12000 miles on it and documents that came with the car said all of this is actually factory..... Going to the dealership tomorrow but afraid they won't have much experience on this type of Mustang..... So if anyone has any info or help it would be greatly appreciated also I bought this car in Florida and when I got it back to Illinois that's when the light went on so thinking it could of got tuned there and the atmosphere is so different here that maybe that's throwing it off.... But have no idea and thanks everyone for your time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mosh350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I'm no expert but this doesn't sound factory. Not even a little bit.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I know it's really weird... It has all standard Ford racing documents and has all this listed on the warranty papers.... Trust me it is odd but has anyone had this check engine light go on? Is it maybe a tuning issue or would it be maybe a sensor off, just worried about it and hoping it's not damaging anything...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2015, 01:46 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosh350 View Post
I know it's really weird... It has all standard Ford racing documents and has all this listed on the warranty papers.... Trust me it is odd but has anyone had this check engine light go on? Is it maybe a tuning issue or would it be maybe a sensor off, just worried about it and hoping it's not damaging anything...

Post a picture of those pictures as many will be curious as to what this is

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a few I have handy at the moment also the car runs and idles perfect so I'm hoping it's just a sensor and the dealership told me the car was owned by corporate Ford for 8000 miles and was used as a demo/autoshow car like I said guys I don't know much about it and new to the Mustang world... And I'll send a pic of the engine as well

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1426488935507.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	177567  
Old 03-16-2015, 01:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1426489031649.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	177569   Click image for larger version

Name:	1426489043318.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	177570  

Old 03-16-2015, 01:59 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

This also came with the big Blue Ford racing tuner and when I ran the Vin to my local dealership before I bought this car to make sure the warranty was still honored they said it was and they said they have never seen a gt premium track like this before either

Old 03-16-2015, 02:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Also here's the warranty papers and if you notice on the engine category it says MOD 5.0

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1426489509376.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	177571  
Old 03-16-2015, 02:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm pretty sure that "mod" is referring to it being a modular engine. And from what you provided I doubt that it's factory as it came off the assemble line that way. Although it's possible that either a dealership or ford racing modded the car which is why it's still under warranty.

Regarding the engine light do you have the code number or the exact description ? Air fuel ratio can be a lot of things such as O2 sensor, spark plugs, injector, or the tune, etc. was It generally stated or did it say bank 1 or 2? That could possible narrow it down a little as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Modular 5.0 engine ... N/A naturally aspirated... Which it is not since it has a supercharger. Looks like you have a GT that someone slapped a supercharger on and suspension. I could almost guarantee that's not factory. Check the vin. That dealer would most likely honor a warranty as a used vehicle but that does not mean other dealers will also. I would venture to say if you take it to a different dealer they would deny the claim.

Rollin' in my 5.0
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
The ford racing sticker shown, came with the Ford Racing tuner which is available on eBay for $925. Run your vin number through the window sticker generator and you will know what you have. Can someone post a link to that?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:52 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ooooh ok wow I feel retarded about mod engine like I said I'm a noob lol.. But it is still honored by warranty they said as long as I keep the Ford tune on it and not put like a Bama or anything else,,, and no I forgot to write down the exact code, I will tomorrow morning, but it did for sure say air/fuel ratio off balance.... And the first name on the title is corporate Ford for 8000 miles which is odd... I'm guessing whoever had this built wanted the navi, glass roof, recaro seats and every option with the track pack premium with the roush type set up which is why I chose to buy this particular car.... But I'm gonna go to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say and I will run the diagnosis check again and get the exact code and thanks guys.... But other then that this car has been flawless I'm Def really proud of it and glad I went with the Mustang platform instead of the 370z which I was going to buy before I researched the newer mustangs! Here's a pic of the outside of it

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1426492324900.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	177573  
Old 03-17-2015, 09:27 PM   #13
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
You might get more help if this was in the 2011+ forum since it's got a coyote motor.

IG: @azurebluemach
Old 03-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ooooh I didn't know this wasn't a modern Mustang forum! My bad.... And Yea I found alot more stuff out and called Ford racing..... It was actually built with it on there 0 miles and it's the 2.9 whipple not the 2.3 at 11 psi...... So there goes my warranty.......... Not sure how safe this is... May sell it I don't know what to do now....

Old 03-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Ooooh I didn't know this wasn't a modern Mustang forum! My bad.... And Yea I found alot more stuff out and called Ford racing..... It was actually built with it on there 0 miles and it's the 2.9 whipple not the 2.3 at 11 psi...... So there goes my warranty.......... Not sure how safe this is... May sell it I don't know what to do now....

It is as safe as the tune is good

Old 03-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Yea Ford racing said it's safe but still makes me nervous, and I love this car.... And they are sending me a new tune for the pro Cal tuner to get that air /fuel off balance cleared....

Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

But my local dealership is still doing warranty repair without any questions so I have no idea.... I was going to get an extended warranty but now I'm not sure if I should of not...... I wish I knew for sure if it would be covered.....

Old 03-18-2015, 02:07 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
But my local dealership is still doing warranty repair without any questions so I have no idea.... I was going to get an extended warranty but now I'm not sure if I should of not...... I wish I knew for sure if it would be covered.....

Just voice your warranty concerns to your dealer and see What they recommend

Old 03-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Honestly I'd say screw the Ford Racing tune and take it to a legit tuner. Running lean on a supercharged car is a bad idea.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Right, well I'm not sure if it's running lean, Ford racing is sending me a new tune that should properly balance the air /flow (or they say) lol but I'm still unclear on the warranty stuff and have to get more opinions, that's the main reason why I'm keeping the Ford sage tune, but I'm getting 2 different answers now... Ford racing says I don't have factory warranty because it's a 2.9 whipple but the dealership here in town says as long as I keep the pro Cal tuner and Ford safe tunes it is and eligible for an extended bumper to bumper in which I Def want with this kind of investment but I'm just kinda still flying in the dark!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition