Mach 1 Potential Owner Advice/tips needed - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:27 AM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
We used to have an azure mach here it was such a stunning car. Ford really nailed it on the mach. Personally I think the mach is like one or two in the list of best looking new edge, to me at least. Nearly bought a 04 comp orange auto Mach, bolt ons, priced good, decent mileage, regretting it now. But hey live and learn.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
We used to have an azure mach here it was such a stunning car. Ford really nailed it on the mach. Personally I think the mach is like one or two in the list of best looking new edge, to me at least. Nearly bought a 04 comp orange auto Mach, bolt ons, priced good, decent mileage, regretting it now. But hey live and learn.

Adventure till you drop
There was an 04 Comp Orange auto Mach on the corral a few years ago for sale in Texas. It had a rebuilt title but the guy had a BOOK of receipts on the repair work and a bunch of other ppl vouched for the car. 52k original miles. Sold pretty quick for $7k.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

Adventure till you drop
I agree. I think the performance and visuals were very well thought out by Ford at the time. Now that I own one I visit the Mach 1 Registry quite a bit and I looked thru the 50+ page wheel pic thread and 90% of the cars there are modded, but don't deviate from the original theme much. Maybe a cobra bumper or some additional accents but not much else. The car's pretty well balanced from the factory, the exception being stance.

That's too bad about that CO one you came across..those auto CO Machs are pretty rare. Hard to say if the 03/04 Machs will become a serious collector car in 30 years but they didn't make a lot of them in CO (124) and SY (139) with the 4r75W. And I'm sure quite a few of those are no longer on pavement.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 07:02 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah I had bought my blue 98 GT like 6 months prior. I would have flown down and drove it back no kidding.

I did just find a 2000 Steeda GT #48 with 34k miles on the clock all original for $6600 though... Lost a cylinder so the motor has to come out which is why it is so cheap. Looking at it tomorrow if no rain.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
I agree. I think the performance and visuals were very well thought out by Ford at the time. Now that I own one I visit the Mach 1 Registry quite a bit and I looked thru the 50+ page wheel pic thread and 90% of the cars there are modded, but don't deviate from the original theme much. Maybe a cobra bumper or some additional accents but not much else. The car's pretty well balanced from the factory, the exception being stance.

That's too bad about that CO one you came across..those auto CO Machs are pretty rare. Hard to say if the 03/04 Machs will become a serious collector car in 30 years but they didn't make a lot of them in CO (124) and SY (139) with the 4r75W. And I'm sure quite a few of those are no longer on pavement.

I deal with collector/rare cars, on a daily basis. I promise you that they will increase in value. How much I couldn't tell you. One thing I've learn is one year only/limited production vehicles will be worth more in the long run. Look at the classics; it happened once it can happen again.

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I deal with collector/rare cars, on a daily basis. I promise you that they will increase in value. How much I couldn't tell you. One thing I've learn is one year only/limited production vehicles will be worth more in the long run. Look at the classics; it happened once it can happen again.

Adventure till you drop
That's true. I'm 25 but I've always felt that there might not ever be a following or lust for "classic" cars like there is now with the generation that grew up with the 60's/70's cars. Their drive to relive that experience is what makes those cars so special.

There are a lot of "car" guys out there from my generation, but the import/tuner market has really claimed a lot of them unlike back in the 60's/70's.

I don't know it's hard to say, there are plenty of guys in the mid/late 2000's that bought them in their late teens/mid 20's and will probably want to relive that time in 30 years but I just don't forsee it being as extreme as it is right now. Who knows, I hope I'm wrong.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

I'm 21 and I'm an old soul. Until recently (2 years ago) I wanted nothing to do with anything newer than 80, except a very select few. I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately, people our age can afford the new stuff; so I think you're right on it not being as extreme. Which I do think they'll eventually appreciate, only time will tell.
And I hope they do, one of the reasons I bought my Roush. And I'm getting ready to buy another one. If they don't then that's ok too; I never planned on selling them any way.

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-30-2015, 08:43 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

That's exactly how I am. I grew up loving the classic cars. The fast and furious crowd never really appealed to me like it did many of my buddies. They thought I was crazy when I wouldn't throw a system and underbody glows on my mustang in high school.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate and respect another person's car preferences, the serious tuner guys that make impressive power with those Supras, Evos, STi's Stealths, etc. are not "ricers" as a lot of domestic fanboys claim. They are gearheads just like the rest of us.

And I bought my Mach 1 with the same reasoning. If it retains value, great..if not, no big deal. The car isn't perfect, it's not a bone stock 2k mile car. I didn't want that, I want to drive the car, enjoy it, work on it and not be afraid that It'll lose value if I remove a couple bolts.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Mach 1 Potential Owner Advice/tips needed

I'm friends with a lot of ricers in my town. I've even asked them if they were offended if someone/I called them that. They said no so I just kept saying it. And I agree, most are (let's not go there), but some are good quality people. Which they've even asked me if I was offended if they said I drove a girls car. I responded if I find a girl driving a 427R, I'll marry her. Much to their amusement, but everyone hates the Camaro owners here. They just mess with everyone all the time. I keep telling them isn't that the civics and Z cars job. I got stalked by one when I was in the Porsche today, it just gets old. Such a shame that certain owners ruin the name of the cars.
Sorry OP, we're getting off topic; I do that a lot.

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Funny, I used to get stalked by 300Cs and Chargers ALL THE TIME in my 98GT. Probably because they know their cars are not fast enough to win a real race and they thought a "NPI" car would be an easy kill for them. Funny when you put a bus length on a car probably making 100hp more than you and the dude driving it can't even claim that he missed a shift.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:58 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Mach 1 Potential Owner Advice/tips needed

Issue we have is turbo lag and honestly I don't run it hard. I'm willing to go to 4 grand that's it. Most don't try anything when they hear it and hear the turbo. In my Roush I get stalked by BMWs and police. I guess when it says 427 on the sides people are drawn to it. It's interesting mustangs don't mess with me but everyone else does. Mustang owners are cool like that here.

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Funny, I used to get stalked by 300Cs and Chargers ALL THE TIME in my 98GT. Probably because they know their cars are not fast enough to win a real race and they thought a "NPI" car would be an easy kill for them. Funny when you put a bus length on a car probably making 100hp more than you and the dude driving it can't even claim that he missed a shift.
Ha well their relatives must live by me because I deal with chargers and 300's too.

Perfect example..there's a guy that lives on the other side of my apartments that has a v6 charger with cherry bombs. He thinks the thing is so bad, rumble bee wannabe decal and all. Well pre Mach 1 he would rev it like 6 times before leaving. 9am, 11pm, didn't matter, always revving the damn thing, and flooring it by my side of the apartments and it sounds like sh*t. Well I was definitely annoyed but I'm not gonna try and show him up with my catted 3.8. lol.

Well shortly after I got the Mach 1 I was leaving one day and happened to see him walking to his car so I fired it up and gave it a few 4-5k revs before leaving. Let's just say he hasn't revved the car since, and that was last June

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition