Mach 1 with steeda package????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Mach 1 with steeda package?????

Hello I just bought an auto 03 DSG mach 1 with 93,000 miles it has a steeda badge on the back and the seats are different and say steeda it also has a steeda cai and the tips on my cat back say steeda the rims are also 18 in and also say steeda I thought maybe someone just slapped those parts and a badge on and didn't really think anything of it untill I got a better look. The crank pulley also says steeda and has a blue sensor and bracket next to it the suspension has all types of goodies as well all branded steeda my question is did Ford offer a steeda package for mach's and if so where can I find a parts list for that package so I know what exactly what's been done with the car thanks
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Steeda is an aftermarket performance company, just like Roush. There's a Steeda rep that can help you with your car to find out if its a legitimate Steeda mustang.
Just PM tj@steeda.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I tried to pm him but the box was full. Is there a way to find out with my vin ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

You might try calling Steeda tomorrow. One of their reps should be able to assist you. I'm not 100% sure how to properly identify a Steeda, but with everything you said it has I'm leaning towards a genuine Steeda. Either that or a previous owner was a Steeda junky.
Scottydoesntknow has a genuine Steeda mustang. You might PM him to see what clues to look for to see if it's real.

Pick your poison.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Are you sure it's a Mach 1 and not a Steeda GT with Shaker Hood Scoop?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1449019741.732971.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	194234

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Definitely a possibility.

Pick your poison.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
They definitely made a Steeda GT and they also had the option for a shaker hood. But I'm sure if someone sent them a Mach 1 and a check they would do one of those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears View Post
Hello I just bought an auto 03 DSG mach 1 with 93,000 miles it has a steeda badge on the back and the seats are different and say steeda it also has a steeda cai and the tips on my cat back say steeda the rims are also 18 in and also say steeda I thought maybe someone just slapped those parts and a badge on and didn't really think anything of it untill I got a better look. The crank pulley also says steeda and has a blue sensor and bracket next to it the suspension has all types of goodies as well all branded steeda my question is did Ford offer a steeda package for mach's and if so where can I find a parts list for that package so I know what exactly what's been done with the car thanks
Is this the one that was in florida?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Thanks I tried to pm him but the box was full. Is there a way to find out with my vin ?
Send me the info on the car & I will have our team check the numbers. I just cleaned out my inbox ... you are good to send me your info or you can email me at tim@steeda.com

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Wow thanks for all the replies everyone sorry to get back late. To answer some questions yes its in Florida I bought it in ft lauderdale. I'm positive its not a gt as there's a 4v sitting under that shaker and the vin has an R on the door and the dash. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 12-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I was looking at buying the car, it had the intake, rims, stripe, seats, and some suspension parts but the automatic made me not want it
Old 12-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yea it needs alot of work but I went into kind of figuring. I gave it a real good tune up, removed those stripes at the bottom the peeling decals and pin stripes the second I got it home looks and runs way better now. I also got a stock set of rims just don't have tires yet and new decal for the hood cuz it's missing but it hasn't come in. Now I'm just trying to dig into the suspension stuff which is wear the majority of the work needs to be done which brings me here to start.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
I was looking at buying the car, it had the intake, rims, stripe, seats, and some suspension parts but the automatic made me not want it
Auto Machs are great especially as drag cars. Only 4V that came with an auto prior to 2011. The cast crank "issue" in the automatics is not an issue. Cast crank will NEVER be an issue with the stock rods still in the car. And its lighter than the forged crank...

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears View Post
Yea it needs alot of work but I went into kind of figuring. I gave it a real good tune up, removed those stripes at the bottom the peeling decals and pin stripes the second I got it home looks and runs way better now. I also got a stock set of rims just don't have tires yet and new decal for the hood cuz it's missing but it hasn't come in. Now I'm just trying to dig into the suspension stuff which is wear the majority of the work needs to be done which brings me here to start.
Steeda may have made a Mach package... they sure as hell made Steeda GTs, I have one. You just call up Steeda and give them the VIN and see if its in their database.

And I know its easy to remove but all the real Steeda cars had a plate on the shift bezel. Mine says #0048 because it was the 48th GT they did in 2000. All the parts you've described are available from Steeda and likely were added later by an owner who just liked Steeda parts. Also... the circa early 2000s Steeda cars had Bassanni catbacks, not Steeda.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Auto Machs are great especially as drag cars. Only 4V that came with an auto prior to 2011. The cast crank "issue" in the automatics is not an issue. Cast crank will NEVER be an issue with the stock rods still in the car. And its lighter than the forged crank...

Steeda may have made a Mach package... they sure as hell made Steeda GTs, I have one. You just call up Steeda and give them the VIN and see if its in their database.

And I know its easy to remove but all the real Steeda cars had a plate on the shift bezel. Mine says #0048 because it was the 48th GT they did in 2000. All the parts you've described are available from Steeda and likely were added later by an owner who just liked Steeda parts. Also... the circa early 2000s Steeda cars had Bassanni catbacks, not Steeda.
I was looking for a daily driver mach 1 and adding the 4spd automatic to a 4v and driving it daily would kill my wallet

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition