My new mach 1!!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #36
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Region: Indiana
They look great!

IG: @rcodemach1

Old 02-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodemach1 View Post
They look great!

Thanks, what happened to your ig?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Damn those wheels do look good..now get her out of the clouds and she'll really be sexy.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l O/R X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
Thanks, what happened to your ig?

I'm taking a break from it for a while. I temporarily suspended my account.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm taking a break from it for a while. I temporarily suspended my account.

Ahh ok
Old 02-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Damn those wheels do look good..now get her out of the clouds and she'll really be sexy.
Lol but what if i like being a 4x4?
Old 02-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Lol but what if i like being a 4x4?
It took me forever to decide to finally lower mine. When I first bought it, I didn't even think about it looking to high or anything like that lol. I like the way mine looks lowered like it is, but I liked it fine stock too. I guess I caved to peer pressure.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It took me forever to decide to finally lower mine. When I first bought it, I didn't even think about it looking to high or anything like that lol. I like the way mine looks lowered like it is, but I liked it fine stock too. I guess I caved to peer pressure.
Lol, ive been told by about 4-7 people to slam the car to the ground. When i tell them im going to be fine with a 2in drop they look at me like im crazy.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Lol, ive been told by about 4-7 people to slam the car to the ground. When i tell them im going to be fine with a 2in drop they look at me like im crazy.

Lol yup! They looked good parked I guess haha.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol yup! They looked good parked I guess haha.

Yeah i think that trend will die soon so there is no point in investing money in that lol
Old 02-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah i think that trend will die soon so there is no point in investing money in that lol

I hope so, cause these people are bagging even GT350's out there.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hope so, cause these people are bagging even GT350's out there.

Lol, people are bagging literally everything, its sad 2 machs have been bagged but the gt350 is just tragic.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:25 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Lol, people are bagging literally everything, its sad 2 machs have been bagged but the gt350 is just tragic.

Haha that's a good way of putting it - tragic lol

Old 02-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Haha that's a good way of putting it - tragic lol
"Tragic" is only one adjective that comes to mind to those who would screw with a GT350 that way. I can think of several others........
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
"Tragic" is only one adjective that comes to mind to those who would screw with a GT350 that way. I can think of several others........

Old 02-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think 2" is about the most you should go on a fixed setup if the car is actually driven on a road, period. All these guys burying the wheel inside the fender with a slight camber affect need to sell their mustangs and buy a JDM or something. Seems to be the hot thing in that scene right now.

Bags are cool but I'd take a nice set of coil overs or even a proper fixed setup. From what I've heard they perform decent in the curves but they also they cost almost half as a blower kit lol.

To me 1.5"-2" is perfect on the SN95 cars.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l O/R X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros

Old 02-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think 2" is about the most you should go on a fixed setup if the car is actually driven on a road, period. All these guys burying the wheel inside the fender with a slight camber affect need to sell their mustangs and buy a JDM or something. Seems to be the hot thing in that scene right now.

Bags are cool but I'd take a nice set of coil overs or even a proper fixed setup. From what I've heard they perform decent in the curves but they also they cost almost half as a blower kit lol.

To me 1.5"-2" is perfect on the SN95 cars.
Im looking at coilovers just so i can be slightly lower than h&r supersport springs.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #53
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Those ppl are dip****s.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Those ppl are dip****s.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yeah i dont understand where this gotta be the lowest car to be the best car mentality came from, at least the shows i goto dont judge how ruined your car is lol
Old 02-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah i dont understand where this gotta be the lowest car to be the best car mentality came from, at least the shows i goto dont judge how ruined your car is lol
That and they clearly don't care about the car actually performing well. They'd rather show off to people on the street.

You're not going to tell me that this:

is going to hook at the track better than this:

Old 02-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Yeah I have people telling me mine needs more low...I'm like nah it's good. 1.25 Steeda drop. I've done bagged and laying frame. It's for the slow crowd. Nothing wrong with that but this is truth.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nice! First mods should be all fluids in the car, plugs, COP rebuild and a shifter if its a stick. If its an auto those things NEED a tune and at that point they become the best factory 1/4 mile versions of all the 94-04s.

Post moar pics Super!
What is the best plugs and oil to put in this car? I have been told a couple of things, apparently 5w30 helps get rid of the tick noise and that if a spark plug is loose it sounds like an engine knock.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im looking at coilovers just so i can be slightly lower than h&r supersport springs.
Leaving out isos will get you ~.25" lower. If you want even more drop in addition to the springs get a Steeda X2 balljoint kit and leave the spacer out. You'll be at or over the 2" mark with Super Sports.

Quote:
What is the best plugs and oil to put in this car? I have been told a couple of things, apparently 5w30 helps get rid of the tick noise and that if a spark plug is loose it sounds like an engine knock.
5w20 (factory spec) for N/A car
5w30 for a FI car

6-6.5 quarts using the stock pan

Asking what spark plugs to use is almost as bad as asking what exhaust should I get? lol Except the spark plugs can cause serious issues if incorrect.

Personally on a stock/bolt ons car I think the factory motorcraft SP-433 plugs are fine. Why change up something that already works, just my $.02

Old 02-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Leaving out isos will get you ~.25" lower. If you want even more drop in addition to the springs get a Steeda X2 balljoint kit and leave the spacer out. You'll be at or over the 2" mark with Super Sports.

5w20 (factory spec) for N/A car
5w30 for a FI car

6-6.5 quarts using the stock pan

Asking what spark plugs to use is almost as bad as asking what exhaust should I get? lol Except the spark plugs can cause serious issues if incorrect.

Personally on a stock/bolt ons car I think the factory motorcraft SP-433 plugs are fine. Why change up something that already works, just my $.02
Thanks, well the machs have terrible front shocks so getting coilovers would be cheeper and better if i decide to be a dumbass and slam it
Old 02-05-2016, 11:12 PM   #60
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks, well the machs have terrible front shocks so getting coilovers would be cheeper and better if i decide to be a dumbass and slam it

At some point, I plan to convert to Maximum Motorsports coilovers. I hear the ride really improves along with the performance. I'm waiting because I think I might want to get an MM k-member at the same time. All together pretty damn pricey lol.

For what it's worth..

I run Royal Purple 5w-30 and change about every 5k miles or once per year if I'm under 5k. I typically go with the Motocraft oil filter, but have used the K&N oil filter too.

I use Autolite 104 spark plugs since getting a tune from Bama, but if I wasn't tuned, I'd be happy to go with the stock Motorcraft plugs. I change my Autolite 104's once per year and use anti seize on the threads. I torque them down to about 13ftlbs. I don't think the 04's blow plugs as easily as the 03's can, but you can certainly break the plugs trying to remove them, so I always anti-seize and torque my plugs. I also squeeze a little dielectric grease on the COP to spark plug end. I started doing that after having a misfire once. No probs since doing that lol.

I've read so many posts about COP's, but my choice will always be Motorcraft stock COP's. They cost a little more, but they are more reliable and will last longer than Acel, MSD, and others. It's not like the old ignition days, you won't get a better spark with the aftermarket COP's.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:18 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
At some point, I plan to convert to Maximum Motorsports coilovers. I hear the ride really improves along with the performance. I'm waiting because I think I might want to get an MM k-member at the same time. All together pretty damn pricey lol.

For what it's worth..

I run Royal Purple 5w-30 and change about every 5k miles or once per year if I'm under 5k. I typically go with the Motocraft oil filter, but have used the K&N oil filter too.

I use Autolite 104 spark plugs since getting a tune from Bama, but if I wasn't tuned, I'd be happy to go with the stock Motorcraft plugs. I change my Autolite 104's once per year and use anti seize on the threads. I torque them down to about 13ftlbs. I don't think the 04's blow plugs as easily as the 03's can, but you can certainly break the plugs trying to remove them, so I always anti-seize and torque my plugs. I also squeeze a little dielectric grease on the COP to spark plug end. I started doing that after having a misfire once. No probs since doing that lol.

I've read so many posts about COP's, but my choice will always be Motorcraft stock COP's. They cost a little more, but they are more reliable and will last longer than Acel, MSD, and others. It's not like the old ignition days, you won't get a better spark with the aftermarket COP's.

Well idk how long it will be but i will be getting tuned by bama so should i just get what you have? And should i change out the plugs every year or is that just being excessive?
Old 02-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

And which royal purple oil is it? Ik its 5w30 but there are more than one option
Old 02-05-2016, 11:38 PM   #63
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Well idk how long it will be but i will be getting tuned by bama so should i just get what you have? And should i change out the plugs every year or is that just being excessive?

If you go with the Autolite 104's, you'll want to at least check them once a year. They are copper plugs and don't last as long as the fancy platinum and iridium plugs do. I switched to the 104's after I had pinging with my Bama tune lol. They are a colder running plug than the Motorcraft stock plugs. You might wait and see since that was 3 years ago when they tuned mine. They are better at it now than they were then lol. Luckily, changing plugs is super easy on these cars.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:42 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

My new mach 1!!!!!

Quote:
And which royal purple oil is it? Ik its 5w30 but there are more than one option

I use the the RP API version, not the HPS or HMX version. They always seem to have this one in the stores and it's not as expensive as the other two.

A great alternative if that costs too much for you is Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I use the the RP API version, not the HPS or HMX version. They always seem to have this one in the stores and it's not as expensive as the other two.

A great alternative if that costs too much for you is Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30.

Thanks i was about to buy the hps earlier today but i felt compelled to do more research, so for plugs you are thinking i can get away with motorcraft plugs?
Old 02-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks i was about to buy the hps earlier today but i felt compelled to do more research, so for plugs you are thinking i can get away with motorcraft plugs?

Yup, especially if the ECU is running the stock tune. If the plugs in there are old or even the originals, you'll notice it idle smoother and respond better with fresh plugs. The new fancy plugs diminish so slowly over time that you don't notice it. They'll run for a lot of miles tho lol.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:01 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup, especially if the ECU is running the stock tune. If the plugs in there are old or even the originals, you'll notice it idle smoother and respond better with fresh plugs. The new fancy plugs diminish so slowly over time that you don't notice it. They'll run for a lot of miles tho lol.

Ok thanks i guess on monday i will see if doing this affects my car lol. Are the plugs just plug and play? Cause i saw i video on youtube and a guy was talking about gaping it and stuff lol
Old 02-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #68
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Ok thanks i guess on monday i will see if doing this affects my car lol. Are the plugs just plug and play? Cause i saw i video on youtube and a guy was talking about gaping it and stuff lol

No problem! You always wanna check them because they can get dropped before you get them, but they need to be .054.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:08 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Looking amazing! The only thing, and obviously this only my opinion, is I think these cars look a little bit better with the horse logo still attached up front. It just seems a little bare without it.

Those wheels are bad ***. Have fun with your new Mach!! Seems pretty unmolested, even with the original airbox! A clean slate to build a beast from.

'03 Mach 1 5spd
Fully forged Manley rods/pistons, Cobra crank, ARP hardware, 8.5:1, Procharger P1SC w/ intercooler, AFM power pipe, 60# injectors, 03/04 Cobra tank with dual fuel pumps, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, O/R X pipe and Flowmasters, Exedy stage 3 clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax, Front and rear upper + lower control arms, Ford Racing springs, Bob Monks tune 448 rwhp @ 9 PSI
LaserRed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRed99 View Post
Looking amazing! The only thing, and obviously this only my opinion, is I think these cars look a little bit better with the horse logo still attached up front. It just seems a little bare without it.

Those wheels are bad ***. Have fun with your new Mach!! Seems pretty unmolested, even with the original airbox! A clean slate to build a beast from.
Has a pony and other stuff now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470250271163.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	203958  
Dsgdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Other Special Edition