Pype bomb or slp loudmouth - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Pype bomb or slp loudmouth

Just traded my 06' gt for a 07' gt500 . The Shelby is a 6800 mile pearl ! Want to get the Jba axle backs off (mufflers) ... And I had slp's on my 06' great sound loved em droney but it is what it is . Just seeing in yalls opinion are the Pype bombs better in any way ? Trying to get yalls opinion ... They are $100 cheaper .. I just want the best sound . I owned LM's but have never heard PB in person ... Any help greatly appreciated!
buck199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Pype bomb or slp loudmouth

M-80's?
You own a special machine there. But, you may be able to get a listen on YouTube. I find it better to listen through my TV surround speakers with sub ect... DirecTV now offers any YouTube video to watch for free. Just go to "Smart Search" and type in "Mustang Pype Bomb exhaust" and then BOOM- Hundreds to choose from!
Ever Consider Borla XR-1, or Flowmaster 10's??
Congrats on beautiful car dude!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Robb ! Ya just thinking I was wanting a bit of a change from the slp's that I have had and getting opinions. I will check those others for sure !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I just got Pype bombs for my 05 GT - I'm putting them on tomorrow if I have time, so I'll let you know what I think

I shopped pretty hard and did my homework, as far as most bang for my buck, getting the kind of sound I want for what I can afford etc... But it's definitely a really subjective decision- try to listen to as many cars as you can- that's what drove my final choice- I liked the way these sounded better than anything else in my price range, and even better than some that were out of my price range. So I'm really eager to get them on the car!
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Congratulations!
I was thinking about this thread earlier in the day, thinking that I would like to hear the Pype Bombs with a ProChamber mid-pipe on the GT500.
When both of you are done with installation, I would love to get a listen.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, I got them on... Oh. My. Gawd. So far the best thing I have done for this car. The difference is ungodly. I'm kicking myself for not doing a "before" video.... But it is everything I had hoped for and then some- exactly the sound and volume I was after: Not so loud that the neighbors will run me out of the 'hood on a rail, but loud enough that everyone will definitely know I'm home ... Before I actually turn onto my block

I'm having to stop myself from sitting out there and starting up the car over and over. That first turn is like.... ::sky opens up, angels sing, devils howl, clouds crash into each other... You get the idea:: And it is not ridiculously loud when I'm just driving down the street, it just sounds really good - nice deep throaty rumble, then when I drop the hammer it roars

So, once again- exhaust sound is very subjective, but I am very pleased with my choice. I'll get a video up on YouTube later on when I have somebody around to help film.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
Old 09-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks so much for the great input ! I really appreciate it a lot ! Please post you tube vid asap with the address in a reply . Really excited to hear the bombs . Still very torn with what to buy .... Bombs or loudmouths. Very tough just the fact that a owned loudmouths and all the great comments about them. Everyone thought I had headers and a x pipe. And I just had loudmouths. ....
Old 09-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck199
Thanks so much for the great input ! I really appreciate it a lot ! Please post you tube vid asap with the address in a reply . Really excited to hear the bombs . Still very torn with what to buy .... Bombs or loudmouths. Very tough just the fact that a owned loudmouths and all the great comments about them. Everyone thought I had headers and a x pipe. And I just had loudmouths. ....
I will- it has been pouring torrential rain nonstop here since yesterday, if it ever lets up I will go out and record today. I don't blame you for being torn- and I think the 2 are kind of in a similar realm, you know? I don't know if overall volume plays into your decision but from what I've read I will guess that the Loudmouths have a little more volume than the Pypes. I'm just glad the Pypes don't have that raspy thing- I personally am not a fan of the raspy exhaust sound.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Cool. Let me know ..
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ahhh, that's awesome! I'm happy for you. I'm sure it's an awesome experience cruisin' around. Good deal.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck199
Cool. Let me know ..
ok here you go- lemme know if the link gives you any trouble.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Video shows up with e-mail notification, no problem. Sounds perfect. Great job.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033
Video shows up with e-mail notification, no problem. Sounds perfect. Great job.
Thanks!! I'm having lots of fun

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang