Are shelbys detuned - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #1

Region: Ohio
Are shelbys detuned

Are the 2011 Shelby's detuned for the first 500 miles that's what I have been hearing
shelby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Re: Are shelbys detuned

Some have said they are from what I read. For break in period. Others say it is for the first 50 key strokes. Although I have seen brand new ones with 100 miles on them make 480whp bone stock so I don't buy that they are detuned. Either way a tune will wake them up. Tune/pulley
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #3

Thanks I bought one last year and haven't hit 500 miles yet but I really couldn't see how much it could be detuned for how good it runs now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby11 View Post
Thanks I bought one last year and haven't hit 500 miles yet but I really couldn't see how much it could be detuned for how good it runs now
Ya i think some GT500 owner made it up that got spanked by a GT that was modded...LOL..J/K.

I looked at GT500's but out of my price range. But now with the amount I have in my car I could have bought one. But I would be down on power switching now. LOL..I ran a 11' GT500 when I was home on leave. He was disappointing at the outcome. That was before my Supercharger. LOL

I still want one to mod. LOL
Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Ya i think some GT500 owner made it up that got spanked by a GT that was modded...LOL..J/K.

I looked at GT500's but out of my price range. But now with the amount I have in my car I could have bought one. But I would be down on power switching now. LOL..I ran a 11' GT500 when I was home on leave. He was disappointing at the outcome. That was before my Supercharger. LOL

I still want one to mod. LOL
Haha ya I know the GT mustangs are fast I just got the gt500 cause I just wanted a good running street car I have one race car already it's a 94 cobra best et was a 9.10 at 149 but that motor didn't last
Old 11-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby11 View Post
Haha ya I know the GT mustangs are fast I just got the gt500 cause I just wanted a good running street car I have one race car already it's a 94 cobra best et was a 9.10 at 149 but that motor didn't last
I seen it. The 94 that is. Seen where you posted it. The Shelby's are kick ***. Right out the box can not beat it in the mustang line up. With tires only I have seen them run bottom 11's. Once you start modding a car it is unfair to a stock car unless you driving a high end Lambo or Bugatti.. LOL

As mention I would love a 11' or newer GT500 but was out my price range. EVen with what I have in my car now I am still under that price range.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang