Price for 2013 GT500 when the 2014 is available? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Price for 2013 GT500 when the 2014 is available?

I'm considering trading my 5.0 for a 2013 GT500 I don't want to pay 60 something. I notice that brand new 2012's are going somewhere in the higher 40's. What do you guys think the price will be on a 2013 when the 2014's come out. Or should I was consdering twin turbo charging or supercharging my 2013 gt. What do you guys think?
CoyoteAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAce View Post
I'm considering trading my 5.0 for a 2013 GT500 I don't want to pay 60 something. I notice that brand new 2012's are going somewhere in the higher 40's. What do you guys think the price will be on a 2013 when the 2014's come out. Or should I was consdering twin turbo charging or supercharging my 2013 gt. What do you guys think?
Probably in the 50s would be my guess!.. Newer engine/drivetrain setup and slightly better performance!.. As far as modding your currant ride, that depends on what you want more!.. A Bad A$$ Shelby, or a Bad A$$ 5.0?!?...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
They aren't even building the '14's until March. Not sure about where you are, but I haven't seen a surplus of them anywhere and wouldn't count on there being a bunch left over. That said, the ones you do fine probably won't be the color or options you want...

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Forgot to add: therefore I don't think you'll see as big of a discount as your hoping.
Depwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depwraith View Post
They aren't even building the '14's until March. Not sure about where you are, but I haven't seen a surplus of them anywhere and wouldn't count on there being a bunch left over. That said, the ones you do fine probably won't be the color or options you want...

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Forgot to add: therefore I don't think you'll see as big of a discount as your hoping.
I'm currently overseas, my contract is for a year. I looking to getting one when I get back. I'm not sure if I should just sell my 5.0, because I'm not driving it and I'm really considering getting a GT500, thats my dream car. But I only could afford the 5.0 before I got this overseas contract gig.

It doesn't have to be a brand new one. If not new, I want one with really low miles under 10,000.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Imo, i bet you do find some good deals on old inventory. I think you will have to wait till August or so but you should he able to save a few bucks for sure. And def go for the gt500 over modding your 5.0. That gt500is gonna be a legend and a collector for a long time.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Imo, i bet you do find some good deals on old inventory. I think you will have to wait till August or so but you should he able to save a few bucks for sure. And def go for the gt500 over modding your 5.0. That gt500is gonna be a legend and a collector for a long time.
I don't mind waiting till August to save about 10k. Well, I guess I'm not ordering anymore parts for my 5.0
Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteAce

I don't mind waiting till August to save about 10k. Well, I guess I'm not ordering anymore parts for my 5.0
I wouldn't bank on 10k. But you might see 5-7k. Often you might find one for sale and you might get it for that price off the lot saving dealer fees and taxes. Negotiate for more value instead of less price. Best strategy there is.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #8

Region: Texas
Quote:
I traded my 2011 GT/CS for my 2013 Shelby and didn't think twice about it. I had ordered my 13 Shelby last July and got it in October.....it took 3 months!
As far as the cost when the 14s come out, I predict that the price won't change and you may not find any available and if they are, they may even be more costly. Anyone that has one knows what they have, won't let go very easily....for 2 reasons..... It's the 20th SVT Anniversary and the #1 reason is that this car is the last year that Carroll Shelby had his hands on. Not to mention the 662 hp.
Currently I know of two others that local dealers have had and they (just like mine) were ordered by customers and already sold. One was even sold from an out of state customer cause they couldn't find a dealership with an "allotted spot" for a Shelby. If I've read right, they are only making around 10,000 2013 Shelby GT 500s. Good luck if you decide to go through with the trade.
SA WHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA WHN View Post
I traded my 2011 GT/CS for my 2013 Shelby and didn't think twice about it. I had ordered my 13 Shelby last July and got it in October.....it took 3 months!
As far as the cost when the 14s come out, I predict that the price won't change and you may not find any available and if they are, they may even be more costly. Anyone that has one knows what they have, won't let go very easily....for 2 reasons..... It's the 20th SVT Anniversary and the #1 reason is that this car is the last year that Carroll Shelby had his hands on. Not to mention the 662 hp.
Currently I know of two others that local dealers have had and they (just like mine) were ordered by customers and already sold. One was even sold from an out of state customer cause they couldn't find a dealership with an "allotted spot" for a Shelby. If I've read right, they are only making around 10,000 2013 Shelby GT 500s. Good luck if you decide to go through with the trade.
I'm 99.9% that I'm going through with the trade. But it's looking like I'm going to have to buy new. I haven't seen one with the options that I want. Candy red (stripe delete), glass roof, electronics package, SVTPP, and I still haven't decided if I want the recaros and track package, not sure if its worth it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I'm 99.9% that I'm going through with the trade. But it's looking like I'm going to have to buy new. I haven't seen one with the options that I want. Candy red (stripe delete), glass roof, electronics package, SVTPP, and I still haven't decided if I want the recaros and track package, not sure if its worth it.
Yeah, you want the track pack/ recaros.

Once in a lifetime car man. Get it with everything you want. Don't regret anything later. Congrats!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I know where 3 2013 svt Shelby are right now without a buyer. Also the 2013 boss in town here just got discounted. Ebay is always full of leftover Shelby come March. It will be the same again this year.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
I know where 3 2013 svt Shelby are right now without a buyer. Also the 2013 boss in town here just got discounted. Ebay is always full of leftover Shelby come March. It will be the same again this year.
Coo, I'll be looking around March, I'm hoping I can get what I want, I figure if you're going to spend that much on a car you might as well get what you want.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang