Trade in SteedaQ350 for GT500?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I'd rather see a fully built Steeda mustang then another run of the mill GT500.
That's what I've been telling him. Lol

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Steeda are usually GT mustangs with stuff done.... most people can do the same so I dont really see them as special. A GT500 at least is a Mustang that is specified as a GT500 etc by VIN and will hold its value and be more of a car
I understand tht. But the same thing goes for roush and Shelby gt. at least I do have the piece of mind knowing that all my mods were done by Steeda and not some joe blow in his garage.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
Steeda are usually GT mustangs with stuff done.... most people can do the same so I dont really see them as special. A GT500 at least is a Mustang that is specified as a GT500 etc by VIN and will hold its value and be more of a car
I am gonna stick with steeda on this because he has a serialized steeda. It's not like someone just threw some steeda stickers and a intake on it. Imo it will hold its value especially if he had steeda upgrade it w/ FI and keeps all the paperwork intact . Don't take this the wrong way I love GT500's. But how many ppl can say they have a serialized FI steeda? Now think about ALL of the GT500's you have seen. The steeda is way more rare.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I am gonna stick with steeda on this because he has a serialized steeda. It's not like someone just threw some steeda stickers and a intake on it. Imo it will hold its value especially if he had steeda upgrade it w/ FI and keeps all the paperwork intact . Don't take this the wrong way I love GT500's. But how many ppl can say they have a serialized FI steeda? Now think about ALL of the GT500's you have seen. The steeda is way more rare.
+111111
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

+111111
I'm trying to help ya bro, lots of haters on this thread

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I'll put it like this, I have driven and seen over a 100 GT500's with my eyes and hands. The only steeda's I have seen are on the net and only a few have I seen. It's a no brainer to me.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You have a great, rare car in the Steeda. It doesn't have the pedigree that a GT500 has to non Mustang fans but, so what. I don't see GT500's everyday like some of you but I've probably only seen about 3-4 Steeda's up close in my life. Build the Steeda, wait to see what the 14-15 GT500's are looking like and if you aren't impressed, buy a used '13 GT500 with a lowly 662ish HP. I'm not sure what you are looking for, performance, brand name, etc but if you've figured that piece out then you already know your answer.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

My Steeda is the only one I ever seen in person.

I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting, guess the only thing left to do is build a showstopper out of mine.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350
My Steeda is the only one I ever seen in person.

I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting, guess the only thing left to do is build a showstopper out of mine.
+1000
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #44
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
There was a Steeda at my local dealership about 6 months ago, good looking car. I don't think anyone's hating on the Steeda car, I just think they like the GT500's more

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1775693143.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	80685
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-151525949.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	80686  
Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

That's beautiful. I'm gonna keep my body the way it is. Just have it repainted.
I do know I'm going FI, just not sure if I'm gonna do it on this motor or a built motor
Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #47
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Built, if its not too ridiculou$.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

We have serialized vehicles being built and sent all over the country. They are very limited ... and have a tremendous re-sale value.

The GT500 is nice but to get it to perform at the same level as the Steeda Q350 would cost many $$ and time.

We build/and test these cars so that they are capable on the street as well as on the track.

Here is a nice video of our 2011 Q450 taking some laps on the track ... make a couple nice passes on Porches, Corvettes, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...yer_detailpage

Best Regards,
TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #49
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Sweet!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
We have serialized vehicles being built and sent all over the country. They are very limited ... and have a tremendous re-sale value.

The GT500 is nice but to get it to perform at the same level as the Steeda Q350 would cost many $$ and time.

We build/and test these cars so that they are capable on the street as well as on the track.

Here is a nice video of our 2011 Q450 taking some laps on the track ... make a couple nice passes on Porches, Corvettes, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...yer_detailpage

Best Regards,
TJ
+1111
I have 2008-012
TJ, I finally got the build sheet for my car. But there are a few parts that are discontinued. I spoke with Gus, and he told me that 'discontinued means the parts are no longer available.' Which I know that.
All I'm trying to find out is what the part is. If you look in my pics, I have my build sheet, there are 3 parts on 1 page that it list the part # and price, but not the part name. Is there any way you can help me figure out what those parts are?

This is why I wanna know:
Example.
Part price matches price of cams. I don't wanna have cams put in if there are already cams installed.
Plus I'd like to just know what all is in it.

And I'm looking at February to ship my car to y'all to put a supercharger on it. Do some other drivetrain, suspension work, new nitto555s. An possibly a complete repaint
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I've only seen 4 Shelby's total in my life on the road. 50+ at shows so that doesn't count. I've never once seen a steeda on the road or show. It is a legit car as well and production numbers are low I assume. They crank out gt500s at the plant while roush and steeda take The GT and rework them to their liking. I'd rather go that route. Then again I'm a roush guy. Just my .02. Build your monster then save for a gt500. They may be a hair cheaper then next year
Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I'm gonna build a monster for sure. I never saw a Steeda before I purchased mine. And at that time, there were only 3 s197 Steedas for sell from coast to coast. And I got one of them lol.
One of my main objectives when I send it to pompano beach, fl to get reworked, is to have the engine itself coming out as if it's brand new. 0 miles. I wanna extend the life of the motor. It has 42,482 right now. Once this build is complete, it will only be used on the weekends for cruises or shows.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

I've only seen 4 Shelby's total in my life on the road. 50+ at shows so that doesn't count. I've never once seen a steeda on the road or show. It is a legit car as well and production numbers are low I assume. They crank out gt500s at the plant while roush and steeda take The GT and rework them to their liking. I'd rather go that route. Then again I'm a roush guy. Just my .02. Build your monster then save for a gt500. They may be a hair cheaper then next year
And an occasional track pass
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

As long as you are going fully forged I internals and all than stick with the steeda, I just know on stock engines the gt500 can handle alot more power since its forged from the factory...so are you going centri, roots, etc supercharger and what are your rwhp goals
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I traded my 08 gt for my 07 GT500 best trade ever!!! I love it
ElDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I sent a note to our lead in production to hopefully get an answer regarding your build sheet.

Sorry I didn't see this previously ... I have been out a couple days.

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang