Order or take from Stock - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Order or take from Stock

Alright I am about to order my GT500 this week. I noticed a dealer near me has one in stock. It is a Impact Blue Hard Top. The questions I have are,

It does not have the SVT performance package in it which is the Torsen Diff. Group 821A what am I loosing if anything I am not going to the track with it just a daily driver, so does the Torsen Diff make that much of a differance?

I wanted a Red Candy without stripes with the 821A package but the Impact Blue looks good also. so should I get the one in stock or order one and wait?

I sent the dealer I have been using a summery sheet from the Build and Price at Ford site so when I get there they can have a price for me. I am getting closer to owning one.
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If you are planning on keeping it for some time and not just trading every year i would order it and wait a little and get exactly what you want.
I order mine at the dealer but found one 100% like i wanted in a dealer 250 miles away and took it.
Good luck!!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
usually if you take it from another dealer to who ever you are working with the orig dealer gets the dealer rebates and all that stuff so.... you can generally get a better deal ordering if they dont have what you want. You can of course run the numbers and see what comes up best for you.

I would tell them flat out that you will order it if its cheaper (they just roll it off the truck no lot time no hassle no transfer crap etc) see what you can get it for, invoice would be good of course.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
usually if you take it from another dealer to who ever you are working with the orig dealer gets the dealer rebates and all that stuff so.... you can generally get a better deal ordering if they dont have what you want. You can of course run the numbers and see what comes up best for you.

I would tell them flat out that you will order it if its cheaper (they just roll it off the truck no lot time no hassle no transfer crap etc) see what you can get it for, invoice would be good of course.
I went to the other dealers website and they have it listed for $1300 less then MSRP. If the 821A package is nt a dealer breaker I might be driven it this week. I wonder how it does in the snow cause here in OH we got a bit of it

I plan on keeping it till I fall apart so I am guessing the Torsen diff will be the question do I need it for a road car or could I live with out it if I am not hitting a track?

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You can get a better deal if you order it. That way you can get what you want and the dealer hasn't had in inventory for awhile. Longer dealer has it, the more money that is tied up into floor planning the car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
IMO if i was going to get a new GT500 i would make sure i get every package that i want. Which means i would most likely order it to get it 100% right.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang