Ford car cover - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Ford car cover

Alrighty I am about to put the car away until the weather here in NE Ohio turns a little better. I bought the Ford car cover with the car. How many of you leave it in the driveway covered or put it in the garage with a cover. Will this cover hold up outside? Thanks Mike

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #2

Region: Tennessee
I use mine in the garage with the cover on it, helps keep my Shelby looking sweet, it does help keep things off of the vehicle while it is parked. I have never used it outside so I am unsure how well it would hold up from the rain or snow.
gbw1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My Pony is garage kept and the majority of the time it is covered. Although I have found that there is less dust in the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have the Ford cover with my 2009 and I wouldnt leave the car outside with it on. Did it a couple of times on trips to the Mustang Roundup in Ocala, Fl. and the water gets under the cover anyway.
#1289 of a build of 3004 coupes.
#51 of 156 coupes manufactured in Alloy Metallic.
Pype Bombs exhaust and Nitto 555 tires
Rickv09GT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickv09GT500 View Post
I have the Ford cover with my 2009 and I wouldnt leave the car outside with it on. Did it a couple of times on trips to the Mustang Roundup in Ocala, Fl. and the water gets under the cover anyway.
Thanks that is what I don't want to happen
Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Different car covers have different purposes. Some are meant just to keep dust off in a garage, others are designed for really bad weather or anywhere in between. I'm guessing yours is like the Boss': a garage cover. Ford does sell Covercraft covers for the elements, but theyre overpriced so look elsewhere if interested. I believe mine was a little over $300 and Ford wanted $450+. If it's going to sit for awhile and/or you get high winds, get the "gust guards" to prevent flapping in the wind (a little, their covers are heavy), which will affect the paint. Don't ever use a light/cheap cover outdoors for this reason.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Different car covers have different purposes. Some are meant just to keep dust off in a garage, others are designed for really bad weather or anywhere in between. I'm guessing yours is like the Boss': a garage cover. Ford does sell Covercraft covers for the elements, but theyre overpriced so look elsewhere if interested. I believe mine was a little over $300 and Ford wanted $450+. If it's going to sit for awhile and/or you get high winds, get the "gust guards" to prevent flapping in the wind (a little, their covers are heavy), which will affect the paint. Don't ever use a light/cheap cover outdoors for this reason.
I was think it might be stored outside this winter but my wife gave up the garage so I could store it in there. I have the factory cover on it now in the garage.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post

I was think it might be stored outside this winter but my wife gave up the garage so I could store it in there. I have the factory cover on it now in the garage.
Perfect :nice:
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang