What all do i need to lowe my shelby 1.5" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
What all do i need to lowe my shelby 1.5"

Ok, so exactly what do I need to lower my Shelby 1.5"? What is the process and what all has to be done? Rough estimate of total cost?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I lowered mine about 1.5 and I replaced the shocks, struts, springs, panhard bar, sway bars (not required), control arms (not required but def worth it) I did all the work myself so it cost about 1200. This is the kit I have... http://www.cjponyparts.com/eibach-pr...2010/p/EPSP11/
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
you may can get by with only springs and a panhard bar (or something similar) to adjust the new lower angle the car will have. Thats about it. Alignment should be in spec as well (on older ones you need caster/camber plates but newer cars 05+ they seem to be ok in the alignment area without them but search a bit to ensure thats right)

springs 250-300~
panhard bar 200-250~
install 200-300 (but you can do it yourself its not bad)
alignment 70 bucks~

thats just my guess~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Be careful with alignment, not all shops can do lowered cars, i would call a local performance shop and ask for recommendations. Main problem was getting it on the lift with wooden ramps. It all cost 85$ and worth it!!!

With all that you want you should be in the 1200-1500 range, i was charged 300 for install of a full suspension and it took the shop from 8am to 1pm to do it all. Remember certain screws have to be torque to specific numbers.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I am going to just keep mine stock. If I lower it even half an inch the splitter would scrape just pulling into my driveway. The stock splitter is pretty cheap (about $145 through Ford) but I dont like the idea of buying a new one every couple of months.
#1289 of a build of 3004 coupes.
#51 of 156 coupes manufactured in Alloy Metallic.
Pype Bombs exhaust and Nitto 555 tires
Rickv09GT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickv09GT500 View Post
I am going to just keep mine stock. If I lower it even half an inch the splitter would scrape just pulling into my driveway. The stock splitter is pretty cheap (about $145 through Ford) but I dont like the idea of buying a new one every couple of months.
Agree, in my area i have no problems with clearance and since my car is primarily track focus i lower it, but if i had clearance issues i wouldnt touch the height. In race trim with track wheels it is about 3 inches off the ground, and with regulars show trim it is 4 inches or so.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang