Shipping? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Shipping?

Anyone shipped theirs across the country? I'm doing so in a couple months and wanted to know if you had any advice??
Jguida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jguida View Post
Anyone shipped theirs across the country? I'm doing so in a couple months and wanted to know if you had any advice??
I have shipped a car cross country. I made sure it was a enclosed trailer it cost a little bit more but it is worth it. I saw a Shelby the last of June on a regular trailer and it was covered in ice and snow and anything else the road had on it.

1 Take Pictures of the car from every angle

2 Make sure the driver that takes it away gives you a copy of the inspection sheet and make sure it is right cause it is hard to prove different.

3 Empty the glove box and take anything that can disappear out of the car

4 Record the mileage and the amount of gas and keep it with you have the person taken the car sign it if they do not do it themselves.

I would take off the lower air dams so they wont get beat up because some kid drove it onto the truck to fast. Also if you can get a straight though carrier and no switching of trailers would even be better.

Are you military moving or?

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Shipping what? Your car? There is a place online that allows you to enter some info about where/when and to where you want the car taken. Then it is posted Lila a driver wanted add and people can e-mail you about the service they offer. You can find everything from large tractor trailers to mom and pop pulling the car behind there truck and can even have someone drive it there for you... I will try to find the website but a google search should help you

I would also program a valet key to give to the driver. You can set speed limiters and stuff like that to keep people from joy rides
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would like to see this car in shipping wars from a&e!!!
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post

I have shipped a car cross country. I made sure it was a enclosed trailer it cost a little bit more but it is worth it. I saw a Shelby the last of June on a regular trailer and it was covered in ice and snow and anything else the road had on it.

1 Take Pictures of the car from every angle

2 Make sure the driver that takes it away gives you a copy of the inspection sheet and make sure it is right cause it is hard to prove different.

3 Empty the glove box and take anything that can disappear out of the car

4 Record the mileage and the amount of gas and keep it with you have the person taken the car sign it if they do not do it themselves.

I would take off the lower air dams so they wont get beat up because some kid drove it onto the truck to fast. Also if you can get a straight though carrier and no switching of trailers would even be better.

Are you military moving or?
Yeah that's my biggest fear is the damage that could happen! It will certainly be enclosed and it will be a direct route no changing cars once it is on it will be that way till I get it. I'm a baseball player so after spring training I'll ship it, I don't want the miles put on it so I would have someone drive it.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah that's my biggest fear is the damage that could happen! It will certainly be enclosed and it will be a direct route no changing cars once it is on it will be that way till I get it. I'm a baseball player so after spring training I'll ship it, I don't want the miles put on it so I would have someone drive it.
So now I have to ask what team or where are you shipping it?

Good Luck

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L View Post
I would like to see this car in shipping wars from a&e!!!
Lol yea that'd be cool.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #8

Region: Texas
Passport Transport | Home

They did a great job with my new baby a month ago... they offer real time GPS tracking, only problem is its a multi car enclosed truck.
paulburk426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post

So now I have to ask what team or where are you shipping it?

Good Luck
Well it'll be in Michigan if that gives a hint back where it was bred!

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulburk426 View Post
Passport Transport | Home

They did a great job with my new baby a month ago... they offer real time GPS tracking, only problem is its a multi car enclosed truck.
Thanks I'm definitely gonna check them out
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well it'll be in Michigan if that gives a hint back where it was bred!

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Thanks I'm definitely gonna check them out

Cool just up the road from me in Cleveland. Also check out DAS they do a great job also.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My dad used Reliable Carriers a couple of times to ship cars across country. They are very professional and do a great job. Only problem is that it's a multi car transporter. But we've shipped lowered vettes and such and never had a problem because they have a level lift Gaye like you see in NASCAR. But good luck and you've got a gorgeous car!

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

*lift gates
757WhiteGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang