Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Thinking of side scoops

4K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  BossCNC 
#1 ·
So I was looking at the American Muscle website and noticed the painted side scoops. I really think I like the look but I have not seen them for real on a GT500. Does anybody have a few pictures of them installed and do you like them or not. I also would like to see the rear window louvers if anybody has them both together.

Thanks Mike

#2 ·
I would like to see them too. I have the window louvers but not the side scoops.

#8 ·
Thanks for clearing that up I figured I was just missing them. I have a 2013. I do like the look of them so there goes another Mod the wife will complain about until she drives it and gets all the looks(-;

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

I would like to see them too. I have the window louvers but not the side scoops.
Which louvers do you have? I was thinking the slotted ones but after seeing the solid ones on Fbakersc's I like them also. So many chooses so little Tax Return:eek::

#11 ·
Are you talking about the lower side scoops in front of the rear tires or the side window louvers? The lower side scoops came on the Shelby GT but no windows scoops came on the Shelby's. I'm going to be ordering these 2007-2009 Shelby Exterior Quarter Window Cover right before I pull my car out of hibernation.
I know I am getting the louvers to cover the windows. What I was not sure of was how the side scoop in front of the wheel would look. I am thinking I like the look of them so they will be in my basket when the Tax Return come in. I wonder if I could get a strip of LEDs and light them up. Hum might be cool

#12 ·
Check out my profile pic and you'll see what the car would look like. Just remember the Shelby GT came lowered. LED strips would probably be pretty easy to install. Just make sure you go with a set that can be steady or chasing so you can go with the night rider theme! ;)

#13 ·
I think the Pre Painted Side Scoops look great, especially with the aggressive styling of the GT500's. I see there's already some pictures in here of them on a car, have you checked out our Customer Submitted Pics yet? That should help give you a good idea of how they look on the car.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

#14 ·
Thanks I am just waiting on Uncle Sam to send me back part of the money I paid in. As soon as that happens I already have a shopping cart ready to go.

#19 ·
Ya know now I will have to look at the Elenore style side louvers. The side scoop is a no brainier but now I will have to show the wife both styles of window louvers. This Snake will cost me more then I know.

#21 ·
Which side scoops are you looking at going with?

#24 ·
Yes it does lol. Almost makes me want them for mine. Just not sure what style would look best.

#26 ·
I wanna see them when you get them out on. I'm still torn about them.

#28 ·
That's what scares me. To pay that much and them and me hate them.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

That's what scares me. To pay that much and them and me hate them.
Pay that much and GET them and me hate them. Sorry.

#31 ·
Yeah, mine don't bother my vision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.