2009 GT500 new battery - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
2009 GT500 new battery

Hey guys I am wrapping up a year in Afghanistan and wife just informed me that the battery is dead on my ride. It has been in the garage for the past year and she started it most of the time, took it out for some exercise on occasion, but truth told had to jump twice. So last night while using facetime she unhooked it and it is sitting there.. dead. I will be home in 6 weeks so a couple questions. 1) Any issue with the car just sitting there with no juice? ECM? 2) best replacement battery suggestions. I don't need to spend the money just to do it, but if there is an advantage between Optima and say Motorcraft OME please let me know. Any other thoughts I am missing feel free to inform. If the thought is I must get a new battery in there shortly I can arrange it through my neighbor. Thanks SLDGT500
SLDGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
its not gonna hurt anything other than you will have to reset radio presets other than that is ok to leave it with out a battery.it would have been better in some peoples eyes to leave it hook to a trickle charger,but I don't like that idea ,As far as a battery an optima is a worthy replacement they will take a lot longer to discharge and aren't afraid of abuse but as long as u get one with the same CA and CCA you'll be fine.Also if your serving over there in Afghanistan THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO US AND OUR COUNTRY,GOD BLESS
YELLERSTANG02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the reply back. I appreciate the support and kind words as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #4

Region: California
If your wife hooks up a trickle charger now, your battery should be fine by the time you get back. I have a number of cars and have used the Battery Tender Plus which has brought back a number of my batteries from the dead for cheap.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the note. Until I can get home and test it I might as well. I think my neighbor has one.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 View Post
If your wife hooks up a trickle charger now, your battery should be fine by the time you get back. I have a number of cars and have used the Battery Tender Plus which has brought back a number of my batteries from the dead for cheap.
+1. I've had batteries that won't charge with a normal battery charger but a trickle charger is able to being them back to life
Filf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ok.. since most reply's mentioned a trickle charger.. and who doesn't want to own one of them anyway.. I am going that route for now.. thanks guys

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang