How do i know ?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Power is nothing if you can't put it to the ground. 540Hp is plenty, work on suspension.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
My SLP's are that way too. I think I need a full exhaust to be happy. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good but I want a raw sound.
Exactly. For warranty issues I don't want to go with an off road x pipe yet by I think by doing that and removing the cats it would really wake it up how you and in would like. When the ride is paid for I will be doing it

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Soccer lover can you reccomend any suspension upgrades for a daily driver? Since i don't go to the track I wasn't sure how my i should invest into beefin up the suspension.
Bluesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnake View Post

Exactly. For warranty issues I don't want to go with an off road x pipe yet by I think by doing that and removing the cats it would really wake it up how you and in would like. When the ride is paid for I will be doing it

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Soccer lover can you reccomend any suspension upgrades for a daily driver? Since i don't go to the track I wasn't sure how my i should invest into beefin up the suspension.
I daily drive mine with the eibach pro plus kit and its really nice...if you just want it to be lower and want stock drivability cut your stock springs
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post

I daily drive mine with the eibach pro plus kit and its really nice...if you just want it to be lower and want stock drivability cut your stock springs
I don't think I want it lower. Doesn't seem necessary.....or am I being retarded??? Plus I have a very limited knowledge of suspension work so I would have to find a performance shop to do that kind of work. Unfortunately I don't know of any good performance oriented shops in my area.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

If you don't want it lower just do rear control arms and call it a day they are pretty easy to do
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
If you don't want it lower just do rear control arms and call it a day they are pretty easy to do
I got ya. I'm assuming both upper and lower??? Is there a particular kind you would reccomend? I wonder if any manufacturer is selling the upper and lower as a combo pack
Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah upper and lower...I went with the j&m extreme joint lower and the poly uppers
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Guys ,
What you think about K&N intake for 2013 gt500 as a start ? How much benefit I will gain from it ?
maldalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

if you dont also include a tune it's pointless...don't use any cai that claims to not require a tune as they will cause you to go lean and then you have a chance at detonation
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I agree. If you do a CAI then go with one that requires a tune. Steeda offers a combo deal I think where you can get intake and tuner as a package deal. Can also get intake tuner and pulley as well
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Get the JLT 123 mm or 127 mm. That and a tune.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Agree the 123 is more than enough
Old 06-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What do you think about doing the crank and the SC pulleys along with the JLT CAI and of course a tune. Would a larger throttle body help on this setup? I do not want to change the exhaust. I want this one to be a DD also.
Cincy Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I have the supercharger pulley upgrade, 123 jlt cai, and axlebacks and IMHO it is perfect for dd my commute is only 10 miles though and I don't have much stop and go. I also don't have a 2013-2014 gt500 so I am driving at close to your stock hp levels ... With a 2013-2014 Daily driving I would probably leave power levels stock and just upgrade parts to get the power down to the ground
Old 06-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

What would be the mods that you would suggest ?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

I have the VMP 2.50 mm pulley with a JLT cai. That with a 93 tune and exhaust. U won't need any upgrades until its paid off lol.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I just noticed ur 2014. I would steer clear of anything tune wise until warranty is gone. After that, u have a lot better start point than most.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Like suspension; shocks, struts, springs, control arms, panhard bar, sway bars; and tires you could look at a driveshaft and a larger heat exchanger

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

These mods will help you prepare to utilize the higher hp when you do decide to turn it up
Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

^ all great ideas.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

What are some good brands that would be good to put on? I thought that they had a good drive shaft being a carbon fiber. I normally do most of the work myself. Are these mods good for a backyard mechanic to do?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

They are "backyard" mods. If u have some mechanical experience, u should be able to do all of these things. As far as brands, there are so many, if u find something u like at a certain price point, post it up. Some of these guys will have experience with the companies on specific parts.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I appreciate all the help. I have worked on my car most of my life and on my cycles. I just don't want to get to far over my head on this. I have never heard of a panhard before so I got a little concerned with the mods. I do not want to make the drive harsh since I want it to be a DD. it seems to be hard to find tires for all seasons for this car also. Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah, I am with u on the tires. I think Nitto is the tire of choice for most it seems. I think some of the guys running Michelins are very happy with those as well. I think u will find them all mostly performance tires tho. I grew up working in my own stuff too. If u get to a point where u need help with pan hard bars and all that, the guys here will help. Grabberblue5.0 has great knowledge about suspension.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

To be honest lowering your car with a more performance suspension will almost always make the ride a little more ruff so if that is your concern stay with your current setup....an adjustable panhard bar is really only need when found a significant drop like 1.5 inches this will help to straighten your rear end. The control arms are really not the problem in these cars but rather the bushing materials which are extremely soft causing the wheel to be able to hop during takeoff and hard turns...if you go with new control arms regardless of the "type" of bushings you will have some noise increase if this is a problem again leave it alone.....one more thing if this is strictly a daily drive street car and not going to be raced than what it has in suspension and power are more than adequate. But those crappy good years have to go...and there is no perfect tire for these cars when you buy all season you sacrifice grip when you buy for grip you sacrifice the seasons...I like the nitto 555r the.y are the drag radial version of the 555s but they wear ok and do ok in the rain....if it rains alot where you live then the Michelin pilot sports are great alternatives both are going to run you in the 3-400 a tire
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I was talking to some guys today at one of the shop here in Cincinnati. They were doing some mods on an 07 Shelby. They had replaced the lower control arms and the upper link and they used a heavier panhard on the car. They used steeda parts on that car. They said if I want to plant more power to the ground that should help. What do you think is it necessary to lower the car?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Technically to lower the car all you need are springs
Old 06-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Would just shorter springs be enough to keep the power to the ground?
Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

IMHO lowering the car is not really going to do a whole lot for traction...control arms and tires are you main concerns there lowering will help in the corners
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

That is one thing I don't need to worry about is cornering. I just want to be able to keep the tires on the ground. With this much power I want to keep the wheel hop down.

Is the ford panhard as good as any other one out there.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

If u go with just springs and tires, is an alignment all that is needed? Why do all these guys go with all this beefed up suspension? I have complained and complained about the Goodyear eagles. I can break traction it seems anytime I want to. That's not good. We could have the most hp in the world and if we can't hook up, it's useless, well, it looks cool but that's it lol. I'd like to know too about doing just springs. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

Love to know the answer to this ^.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

This is all new to me that all the updates that they have on cars now. I just don't know what is the best thing to do. I do not want to waste money on things just to say I have them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang